Re: Fwd: invitation to CeGNULUG as supporting org of LinuxWorld 2006-KUMUSTA NA?

  • inspector_lim
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 5, 2006
      Dear Friends,

      Hi to all! what are the plans for this invitation "*LinuxWorld
      Philippines 2006 Conference and Expo*"?.. March 23 & 24 is coming
      near.. 3 weeks to go.. Any meeting.. :-) just reminding, If were all
      busy maybe, let just attend this linux conference and expo.

      -ronan-

      Philippines,
      > is currently involved in extensive preparations for *LinuxWorld
      Philippines
      > 2006 Conference and Expo*. The three-part conference will be held in
      > Cebu(March 23 and 24),
      > Davao (June 21 and 22), and Manila (September 6, 7, and 8).
      >

      > This year's *LinuxWorld* theme is "Bringing Open Source to the
      Grassroots."
      > It will focus on how local government officials, educators,
      entrepreneurs,
      > exporters, importers, CIOs, system administrators, consultants,
      > professionals, and students can increase their productivity,
      efficiency, and
      > profitability by using Linux and other open source solutions. The
      conference
      > is aimed at helping small and medium enterprises, large
      corporations, as
      > well as local government units enhance their working knowledge on
      ICT to
      > make them locally and globally competitive.
      >

      > In this regard, we would like to invite *CeGNULIG *to be one of our
      > supporting organizations. We propose the following working
      arrangement:

      > 1. LinuxWorld Philippines 2006 will acknowledge CeGNULIG as a
      > supporting organization in collateral materials (print and
      online) for the
      > event:
      >
      > · inclusion of CeGNULIG logo in all advertising and
      publicity
      > campaign materials
      >
      > · inclusion of CeGNULIG logo in the event backdrop
      >
      > 1. Priority in publishing press and photo releases of CeGNULIG
      in MGC
      > publications subject to editorial policies;
      > 2. CeGNULIG members attending the two-day conference will get a
      10%
      > discount;
      > 3. A 5% delegate's fee from every CeGNULIG member who will
      attend the
      > two-day Cebu conference will go to the association's coffers;
      > 4. CeGNULIG will provide MGC with its logo to be printed on
      > promotional materials stated in item #1; and
      > 5. CeGNULIG will assist in promoting the abovementioned events.
      >
      > Thank you and we look forward to a mutually fruitful partnership
      with *
      > CeGNULIG*.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      > **
      >
      > * *
      >
      > *Malou** Babia-Macatangay*
      >
      > *Events and Promotions Director*
      >
      > * *
      >
      > 3F Eurovilla II Building
      >
      > 118 V.A. Rufino St., Legaspi Village
      >
      > Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines 1229
      >
      > * *
      >
      > Telephone Numbers: (632) 812-8401 to 03 loc. 164
      >
      > Fax Number: (632) 812-8401 to 03 loc. 127
      >
      > Mobile: (63) 918-9072898
      >
      > *E-mail*: fmbmacatangay@...

      > *INFORMATION THAT WORKS.……FOR YOU*
      >

      > *Publisher of PC World **Philippines**, Computerworld
      **Philippines**, CWP
      > on Campus, Stuff **Philippines**, **ENTERPRISE**,*
      >
      > *IT** Resource and A Beginners Guide to Digital Photography*.
      >
      > * *
      >
      > *Philippine representative of the US-based International Data Group
      (IDG)
      > and the UK-based Haymarket Group.*
      >
      > * *
      >
      > *Event producer and organizer: The Philippine Web Awards, PC
      > World Philippines Annual Awards, The Most Powerful Women in IT, *
      >
      > *Linux World Philippines, Computerworld Executive Briefings and
      various
      > events for corporate clients.** ***

    • john naldoza
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 5, 2006
        Meeting.... I'm still waiting for suggestions :) It's been pretty quiet :)

        As for the LinuxWorld 2006 in Cebu... I was informed the event will
        be happening in June to co-incide with Cebu Business Month... They
        haven't sent any documents to be signed for CEGNULUG to support their
        event... So it's kinda weird :) Oh well.

        Cheers,

        John Clark

      • Jeffrey Philip Tan
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 5, 2006
          yah, what happend to the old location? =D

          Yahoo! Groups Links

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • strong alekhine
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 5, 2006
            what's the exact date for this event?  there are other users from mindanao interested for this particular event, just let us know so that we can participate. Thank you..

            Yahoo! Mail

          • john naldoza
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 5, 2006
              The old location isn't available anymore..  Targe Corporation has moved to someplace in A.S. Fortuna near Norkis (or is it a Golden KTV bar.. ?)   I haven't dropped by Mike's new place yet...

              In any event, would be nice to try out a new meeting place...  Just be ready with your contributions for food and drinks :) -- preferably on a weeknight.

              Any suggestions?

              Cheers,

              John Clark

              On 3/6/06, Jeffrey Philip Tan <jeffphiltan@...> wrote:
              yah, what happend to the old location? =D

              On 3/6/06, john naldoza <njclark@...> wrote:
              Meeting....  I'm still waiting for suggestions :) It's been pretty quiet :)

              As for the LinuxWorld 2006 in Cebu...  I was informed the event will
              be happening in June to co-incide with Cebu Business Month...  They
              haven't sent any documents to be signed for CEGNULUG to support their
              event...  So it's kinda weird :)  Oh well.

              Cheers,

              John Clark

              On 3/6/06, inspector_lim <inspector_lim@...> wrote:
              > Dear Friends,
              >
              >   Hi to all! what are the plans for this invitation "*LinuxWorld
              > Philippines 2006 Conference and Expo*"?.. March 23 & 24 is coming
              > near.. 3 weeks to go.. Any meeting.. :-) just reminding, If were all
              > busy maybe, let just attend this linux conference and expo.
              >
              > -ronan-

              Linux operating system Unix operating system Open source software
              Linux user

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • john naldoza
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 5, 2006
                Please check the organizers webpage :)

                http://www.mediag8way.com/

                If it's anything like last year...  Well I'll just keep my opinions to myself so as not to offend any would be sponsors :D

                Cheers,

                John Clark

                On 3/6/06, strong alekhine <strong_alekhine@...> wrote:
                what's the exact date for this event?  there are other users from mindanao interested for this particular event, just let us know so that we can participate. Thank you..

                inspector_lim < inspector_lim@...> wrote:
                Dear Friends,

                   Hi to all! what are the plans for this invitation "*LinuxWorld
                Philippines 2006 Conference and Expo*"?.. March 23 & 24 is coming
                near.. 3 weeks to go.. Any meeting.. :-) just reminding, If were all
                busy maybe, let just attend this linux conference and expo.

                -ronan-

                   Visit your group "ce-gnu-lug" on the web.

                • Jeffrey Philip Tan
                  Message 7 of 14 , Mar 5, 2006
                    gatecrash at mikes new place? why not.. hehehehe