LiveCD

  • juncagas2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
      I've just been reading about Linux LiveCD's. I'd like to try a few.
      Anybody want to share which one is best? It would be good if it would
      boot on USB.

      Thanks.
    • Dominique Cimafranca
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2006
        On 1/2/06, juncagas2002 <juncagas2002@...> wrote:
        I've just been reading about Linux LiveCD's. I'd like to try a few.
        Anybody want to share which one is best? It would be good if it would
        boot on USB.

        Thanks.

        Hi,

        I posted this question on PLUG  last month, and got  several answers.  This link gives the full list.

        I've tried Knoppix and Ubuntu.  I've also tried PuppyLinux.  PuppyLinux allows you to format a USB flash drive to boot from it, but I haven't tried this yet.  Slax is also supposed to do the same thing.

        --
        Dominique Gerald M. Cimafranca
        villageidiotsavant.blogspot.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
          I've tried DSL 2.0 it's nice it uses the 2.4x kernel though....
          It can also boot from a usb drive. Broadband works automaticaly,
          dial-up needs to be configured though

          A note about booting from a usb drive, some bios will only boot a
          floppy image, others only from a zip drive (thus a flach drive will
          have to configured to appear as a zip drive), and some are just
          out-right buggy....

          Good luck :)

          -Bryan

          --- In ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com, "juncagas2002" <juncagas2002@y...>