Re: Asterisk PABX system :)

  • Dexter Franco
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      Anyone who wants to implement an Asterisk PBX at home "I know its
      overkill" should look at asteriskathome.sourceforge.net

      Great stuff, makes configuring asterisk easier.

      Dexter Franco
      email: dexfranco@...

      --- In ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com, john naldoza <njclark@g...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >

      > Just wanted to let everyone on the list know that Andrew was able to
      > set-up an Asterisk PABX system :) yehey :) We're enabling more and
      > more features to what was set-up... But things look extremely
      > promising :) I can't wait to get the digital cards and test it out
      :)

      > http://www.asterisk.org
      >

      > Cheers,
      >

      > John Clark
    • john naldoza
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        That's what we're using... Albeit didn't work off the bat... Andrew
        had to spend... weeks figuring out why it didn't work out of the box
        :)

      • pvenegas@infoweapons.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
          john naldoza <njclark@...> writes:

          > That's what we're using... Albeit didn't work off the bat... Andrew
          > had to spend... weeks figuring out why it didn't work out of the box
          > :)

          Neato. Tell us more. Is this for some office, or a personal project?

          What's your setup? What protocols are you using? How big is your network? What clients/endpoints are you using? Is it an internal pure VoIP network, or do you have telephony interfaces also? What telephony hardware do you have hooked up? Those can get pricey...

          --
          pmv
          random hacker
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
            Asterisk is cool, thats what weve been using here in Targe for our VoIP system, we had it connected to galaxy voice via AIX.

            john naldoza <njclark@...> wrote:
            Hi,

            Just wanted to let everyone on the list know that Andrew was able to
            set-up an Asterisk PABX system :) yehey :)  We're enabling more and
            more features to what was set-up...  But things look extremely
            promising :)  I can't wait to get the digital cards and test it out :)

            http://www.asterisk.org

            Cheers,

            John Clark

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • john naldoza
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
              Hi,

              We've set-up the Asterisk Server plus a low cost digium card with one
              FXS and FXO for simple analog phone line. :) Currently connected to a
              PLDT line. PSTN, I think.

              We hope to test this out with a more pricey card that would support
              ISDN, probably deploy it in one of our offices in NZ, JP, AU, or SA.
              Have it interconnect with our Cisco gateway or other asterisk servers
              that will be set up... etc. etc..

              Anyway, hopefully we'll be successful with the presentation and get
              approval to proceed with the more "expensive" experiment.

              Cheers,

              John Clark