Re: [ce-gnu-lug] Buttons and Memberships

  • john naldoza
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1, 2005
      Good question :)

      The Membership question is something that should be addressed as well
      as where this group should go from here. I think we did make a
      couple/few attempts with coming up with our group policy et. al. And
      it always gets buried :)

      The vision was kinda like welcoming everyone to the mix and develop
      ourselves via joint community effort. Then we'd have promotional and
      education activities. But without funds, time and commitment of the
      members we'll just have to make to with having virtual discussions.

      Perhaps it's about time to raise the issue again and see what happens?
      Any suggestions? :)

      Cheers,

      John Clark

      On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:19:00 +0800, "Dudley F. Cañas"
      <dfc-ndi@...> wrote:

      > I'd like to buy one of those buttons also but my question is that, How
      > would I know if im an official member of the the ce-gnu-lug?
      > though i've been subscribing in this list for a quite some time now..
      >
      > --
      > **** No Problem can Withstand the Assault of Sustained Thinking ****
      > Registered Linux User # 279330

    • marvin carredo
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1, 2005
        perhaps we cud ask the members wat they can offer to
        the group :D ... for me i can offer commitment :D ...

        mr. yan go we guess u already know wat u can offer
        ahehe
        i remember that mr. glenn prialde has a suggestion
        bout this things ... i just cant exactly recall wat it
        is

        cheers!
        marvin
        --- john naldoza <njclark@...> wrote:

        > Good question :)
        >
        > The Membership question is something that should be
        > addressed as well
        > as where this group should go from here. I think we
        > did make a
        > couple/few attempts with coming up with our group
        > policy et. al. And
        > it always gets buried :)
        >
        > The vision was kinda like welcoming everyone to the
        > mix and develop
        > ourselves via joint community effort. Then we'd
        > have promotional and
        > education activities. But without funds, time and
        > commitment of the
        > members we'll just have to make to with having
        > virtual discussions.
        >
        > Perhaps it's about time to raise the issue again and
        > see what happens?
        > Any suggestions? :)
        >

        > Cheers,
        >

        > John Clark
        >

        > On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:19:00 +0800, "Dudley F.
        > Ca�as"
        > <dfc-ndi@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'd like to buy one of those buttons also but my
        > question is that, How
        > > would I know if im an official member of the the
        > ce-gnu-lug?
        > > though i've been subscribing in this list for a
        > quite some time now..
        > >
        > > --
        > > **** No Problem can Withstand the Assault of
        > Sustained Thinking ****
        > > Registered Linux User # 279330

        > ce-gnu-lug@...
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://my.yahoo.com
      • r_mikaelo
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 1, 2005
          i agree. i may not be in the position to say this given that i'm a
          newbie to the group but i guess we'd have to come up with our goals /
          vision. what do we really want (as a group) to achieve? it doesn't
          really have to be grand and revolutionary. we could start small and
          pick up from there.

          as a suggestion, perhaps a first goal would be to help increase
          linux-awareness locally. we could perhaps arrange to conduct free or
          almost-free seminars and demos in the different universities and also
          perhaps to the local government. is this really that hard to do? i
          don't think so.

          [a selfish benifit: when companies realize the benifits of using linux
          in the near future (not enevitable but definitely very possible), we
          would already be positioned as the premier linux authority locally.
          heck we could even form a start-up-linux-consultancy-company for that].

          selfish motives aside, i guess we could really make a difference just
          by promoting linux, especially given that cebu is aimed to be the
          country's IT central. an indespensable tool to achieve that would
          definitely be a locally-bred-live-linux-distro. any thoughts?

          just my two cents,

          mike

          > --- john naldoza <njclark@g...> wrote:
          >
          > > Good question :)
          > >
          > > The Membership question is something that should be
          > > addressed as well
          > > as where this group should go from here. I think we
          > > did make a
          > > couple/few attempts with coming up with our group
          > > policy et. al. And
          > > it always gets buried :)
          > >
          > > The vision was kinda like welcoming everyone to the
          > > mix and develop
          > > ourselves via joint community effort. Then we'd
          > > have promotional and
          > > education activities. But without funds, time and
          > > commitment of the
          > > members we'll just have to make to with having
          > > virtual discussions.
          > >
          > > Perhaps it's about time to raise the issue again and
          > > see what happens?
          > > Any suggestions? :)
          > >

          > > Cheers,
          > >

          > > John Clark

        • Bimbo Garcia
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 2, 2005

            You’re right r_mikaelo and I really agreed with your suggestion. I am willing to share my time and expertise just to establish a considerable contribution to the enhancement and advancement of Cebu’s present technologies, thus, making Cebu as Linux Capital of Asia-Pacific Region(difficult but not impossible).

            I’m not in position to say this, but I think, It is time for us to set a meeting for ce-gnu-lug members so we could start a legitimate and organized group or linux-consultancy-company that will help our dreams come true, “making Cebu as country’s I.T. hub”.

            So guys! It is time.

            i agree. i may not be in the position to say this given that i'm a
            newbie to the group but i guess we'd have to come up with our goals /
            vision. what do we really want (as a group) to achieve? it doesn't
            really have to be grand and revolutionary. we could start small and
            pick up from there.

            as a suggestion, perhaps a first goal would be to help increase
            linux-awareness locally. we could perhaps arrange to conduct free or
            almost-free seminars and demos in the different universities and also
            perhaps to the local government. is this really that hard to do? i
            don't think so.

            [a selfish benifit: when companies realize the benifits of using linux
            in the near future (not enevitable but definitely very possible), we
            would already be positioned as the premier linux authority locally.
            heck we could even form a start-up-linux-consultancy-company for that].

            selfish motives aside, i guess we could really make a difference just
            by promoting linux, especially given that cebu is aimed to be the
            country's IT central. an indespensable tool to achieve that would
            definitely be a locally-bred-live-linux-distro. any thoughts?

            just my two cents,

            mike

            > --- john naldoza <njclark@g...> wrote:
            >
            > > Good question :)
            > >
            > > The Membership question is something that should be
            > > addressed as well
            > > as where this group should go from here.  I think we
            > > did make a
            > > couple/few attempts with coming up with our group
            > > policy et. al.  And
            > > it always gets buried :)
            > >
            > > The vision was kinda like welcoming everyone to the
            > > mix and develop
            > > ourselves via joint community effort.  Then we'd
            > > have promotional and
            > > education activities.  But without funds, time and
            > > commitment of the
            > > members we'll just have to make to with having
            > > virtual discussions.
            > >
            > > Perhaps it's about time to raise the issue again and
            > > see what happens?
            > >  Any suggestions? :)
            > >

            > > Cheers,
            > >

            > > John Clark

          • Ian Bert Tusil
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 2, 2005

              yeah, i agree. though im not an official member, just a concerned linux user, a meeting to set things up would be an excellent move to start with.

              iyanski

              IBT

              "The question is not what do you have to do? It's, What do you really want to do?"
            • clintcan
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 2, 2005
                I'm willing to meet with you guys...

                I also agree with setting up a goal, although I'm not an official
                member. Very little people know linux in Cebu, but personally, I've
                seen and experienced demand for it lately. Certain companies need
                linux experience in Cebu already, and I've interviewed some people
                (sideline), for a company to see if they know linux or not.
              • Conan the Barbarian
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 2, 2005
                  Count me in guys.. i'd like to be a member of this club and love
                  to meet the other members , so far the only guy in our group i meet
                  is Bimbo garcia, i forgot to introduce my self to bimbo if you read
                  this im ronan lim, im a bit shy and can't believe that someone reply
                  my post... Im really happy to meet bimbo. i will support the group .
                  even do i don't really know linux, i will learn this year i hope so
                  after my CISCO.
                  Also Maybe this year will be changing our OS to Redhat Linux in
                  our Store computer.

                  I have Bayanihan installed in my PC but i can't use it cause im
                  busy in my work and I'd like to surf(the internet) but i have problem
                  finding the right driver of my US robotics 56k faxmodem external.
                  Anybody here that can help me.. Im using Bayanihan v3.0 thanks in
                  advance..

                  Mabuhay CE-GNU-LUG
                  Inspector_ronan
                • andrew john young
                  Message 8 of 24 , Feb 2, 2005
                    Peace!

                    I'm probably one of the most silent in this list, and I dunno if the admins
                    consider me as a member.. but I am willing to support this via elbow grease.
                    Who knows, maybe we can make big enough waves to start people to notice us.

                    GOD BLESS!
                    --- r_mikaelo <r_mikaelo@...> wrote:

                    > i agree. i may not be in the position to say this given that i'm a
                    > newbie to the group but i guess we'd have to come up with our goals /
                    > vision. what do we really want (as a group) to achieve? it doesn't
                    > really have to be grand and revolutionary. we could start small and
                    > pick up from there.
                    >
                    > as a suggestion, perhaps a first goal would be to help increase
                    > linux-awareness locally. we could perhaps arrange to conduct free or
                    > almost-free seminars and demos in the different universities and also
                    > perhaps to the local government. is this really that hard to do? i
                    > don't think so.
                    >
                    > [a selfish benifit: when companies realize the benifits of using linux
                    > in the near future (not enevitable but definitely very possible), we
                    > would already be positioned as the premier linux authority locally.
                    > heck we could even form a start-up-linux-consultancy-company for that].
                    >
                    > selfish motives aside, i guess we could really make a difference just
                    > by promoting linux, especially given that cebu is aimed to be the
                    > country's IT central. an indespensable tool to achieve that would
                    > definitely be a locally-bred-live-linux-distro. any thoughts?
                    >
                    > just my two cents,
                    >
                    > mike
                    >

                    > > --- john naldoza <njclark@g...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Good question :)
                    > > >
                    > > > The Membership question is something that should be
                    > > > addressed as well
                    > > > as where this group should go from here. I think we
                    > > > did make a
                    > > > couple/few attempts with coming up with our group
                    > > > policy et. al. And
                    > > > it always gets buried :)
                    > > >
                    > > > The vision was kinda like welcoming everyone to the
                    > > > mix and develop
                    > > > ourselves via joint community effort. Then we'd
                    > > > have promotional and
                    > > > education activities. But without funds, time and
                    > > > commitment of the
                    > > > members we'll just have to make to with having
                    > > > virtual discussions.
                    > > >
                    > > > Perhaps it's about time to raise the issue again and
                    > > > see what happens?
                    > > > Any suggestions? :)
                    > > >

                    > > > Cheers,
                    > > >

                    > > > John Clark

                    =====

                    http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
                  • Vergil Cola
                    Message 9 of 24 , Feb 2, 2005
                      I would suggest having a ce-gnu-lug convention each
                      year. Have a venue for the seminars, invite speakers
                      to discuss issues/topics, invite
                      vendors/manufacturers/software integratros/etc and
                      have them sponsor the seminars and venues, they may
                      also exhibit their wares during these days - but this
                      is a long shot - all this can be done if we elect
                      among ourselves a president or have a committee to do
                      all these (we used to have this when this group first
                      started... right?). So far for the last 3 years we
                      were just a loose collection of Linux enthusiats, its
                      time for us to get organized, lets have a committee to
                      formulate our plans for the year. Is there a treasurer
                      for this group? I would suggest charging collecting
                      membership fees for each member, it wouldn't be much
                      ... say P100 a year?

                      Kolz

                      --- andrew john young <andrew_young@...>

                    • lx_rsentino
                      Message 10 of 24 , Feb 2, 2005
                        hello guys,

                        count me in, i would be willing to join the crusade to promote linux
                        i'm a big of this community.

                        i'm been also quite in this group, i'm may just a reader of your posts
                        and a plain desktop user (Seconday OS), but if there is a convention
                        or seminars here in cebu im willing to attend. Good luck to this group
                        and i am here to support

                      • r_mikaelo
                        Message 11 of 24 , Feb 2, 2005
                          i couldn't say it any better. the group definitely has to formally
                          organize before all the fun stuff can begin. it would also be very
                          beneficial if we do this immediately given that the year has just
                          started. so i guess we could now start soliciting ideas as to when and
                          where we could meet. any ideas peeps?

                          the missing pieces in this puzzle would be the people who are willing
                          (and able) to accept the challenge of leading the organization. so to
                          those who fit this category, now is the time to step forward and get
                          the ball rolling! :]

                          looking forward to a very exciting year!

                          mike

                        • john naldoza
                          Message 12 of 24 , Feb 2, 2005
                            Who'd like to step up to the plate and lead the charge?

                            Message 13 of 24 , Feb 2, 2005
                              Peace!

                              Hello, I might give you guys a little space and bandwidth in my
                              webhost, with php and mysql (maybe about 50MB, I'm quite tight on the
                              budget)? All you need now is to set up a domain and have it pointed
                              to my small server, if any of you is willing to shelve out a little
                              fee for the domain rental per year. I'll give you about 5 email
                              addresses (just maybe 2mb each) within that domain and limited space,
                              tell me what to place in as a homepage. Is that ok with you guys?

                              Also, for the bayanihan linux thingy, how about a derivative of the
                              slackware distro? I've been working in that area for the pnut project
                              (although it's not a live distribution - yet), and I'm quite adept
                              with slack - I think. A EXT2, EXT3 or reiserfs based filesystem can
                              be comrpessed into a .bz2 file and an isolinux startup can then run an
                              install script to install that bzipped file into the partition of your
                              choice. Sorry about that... got a little bit carried away. As far as
                              I know, the only other Filipino distribution that also has a slackware
                              derivative is LormaLinux from lorma university, which as has a Fedora
                              Core 3 based distribution for desktop use.

                              God bless you!

                              Clint Canada

                            • Jun Tanamal
                              Message 14 of 24 , Feb 2, 2005
                                John, I think the group owes you a citation...hmmmm
                                You have tried your best in the past..congrats!
                                More power to the group as it moves forward!

                                Count me in the background too :)

                                -Jun

                                Message 15 of 24 , Feb 3, 2005
                                  hmmm ... yeah!, and because of that mr. naldoza may
                                  take the lead for now until a formal
                                  committee/officials is set. how about that? ... :D
                                  ahehe

                                  cheers!
                                  marvin
                                  --- Jun Tanamal <jtanamal@...> wrote:

                                  > John, I think the group owes you a citation...hmmmm
                                  > You have tried your best in the past..congrats!
                                  > More power to the group as it moves forward!
                                  >
                                  > Count me in the background too :)
                                  >
                                  > -Jun

                                  =====
                                  cheers!
                                  marvin

                                  The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
                                  http://my.yahoo.com
                                • john naldoza
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Feb 3, 2005
                                    By the way, I don't think this was posted to the list...

                                    http://www.business-trust.com/CEGNULUG/

                                    Just something that's been underworks for a while (like 10 months ago???)

                                    Glenn Prialde and Wendel Malpas volunteered some of their time to it.
                                    We all got stuck with "Content Writing". Would be nice if this could
                                    be improved/enhanced further...

                                    On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 04:40:45 -0000, clintcan <clintoca@...> wrote:

                                    > Peace!
                                    >
                                    > Hello, I might give you guys a little space and bandwidth in my
                                    > webhost, with php and mysql (maybe about 50MB, I'm quite tight on the
                                    > budget)? All you need now is to set up a domain and have it pointed
                                    > to my small server, if any of you is willing to shelve out a little
                                    > fee for the domain rental per year. I'll give you about 5 email
                                    > addresses (just maybe 2mb each) within that domain and limited space,
                                    > tell me what to place in as a homepage. Is that ok with you guys?
                                    >
                                    > Also, for the bayanihan linux thingy, how about a derivative of the
                                    > slackware distro? I've been working in that area for the pnut project
                                    > (although it's not a live distribution - yet), and I'm quite adept
                                    > with slack - I think. A EXT2, EXT3 or reiserfs based filesystem can
                                    > be comrpessed into a .bz2 file and an isolinux startup can then run an
                                    > install script to install that bzipped file into the partition of your
                                    > choice. Sorry about that... got a little bit carried away. As far as
                                    > I know, the only other Filipino distribution that also has a slackware
                                    > derivative is LormaLinux from lorma university, which as has a Fedora
                                    > Core 3 based distribution for desktop use.
                                    >
                                    > God bless you!
                                    >
                                    > Clint Canada

                                  • clintcan
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Feb 3, 2005
                                      Hi john,

                                      Is there php and mysql on that site? I can probably add a simple
                                      editor for you, and a pic gallery. God bless!

                                      Clint

                                      P.S. The 50mb offer still stands.

                                      --- In ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com, john naldoza <njclark@g...> wrote:
                                      > By the way, I don't think this was posted to the list...
                                      >
                                      > http://www.business-trust.com/CEGNULUG/
                                      >
                                      > Just something that's been underworks for a while (like 10 months
                                      ago???)

                                      > Glenn Prialde and Wendel Malpas volunteered some of their time to it.
                                      > We all got stuck with "Content Writing". Would be nice if this could
                                      > be improved/enhanced further...
                                      >

                                      > On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 04:40:45 -0000, clintcan <clintoca@m...> wrote:
                                      > >

                                      > > Peace!
                                      > >
                                      > > Hello, I might give you guys a little space and bandwidth in my
                                      > > webhost, with php and mysql (maybe about 50MB, I'm quite tight on the
                                      > > budget)? All you need now is to set up a domain and have it pointed
                                      > > to my small server, if any of you is willing to shelve out a little
                                      > > fee for the domain rental per year. I'll give you about 5 email
                                      > > addresses (just maybe 2mb each) within that domain and limited space,
                                      > > tell me what to place in as a homepage. Is that ok with you guys?
                                      > >
                                      > > Also, for the bayanihan linux thingy, how about a derivative of the
                                      > > slackware distro? I've been working in that area for the pnut project
                                      > > (although it's not a live distribution - yet), and I'm quite adept
                                      > > with slack - I think. A EXT2, EXT3 or reiserfs based filesystem can
                                      > > be comrpessed into a .bz2 file and an isolinux startup can then run an
                                      > > install script to install that bzipped file into the partition of your
                                      > > choice. Sorry about that... got a little bit carried away. As far as
                                      > > I know, the only other Filipino distribution that also has a slackware
                                      > > derivative is LormaLinux from lorma university, which as has a Fedora
                                      > > Core 3 based distribution for desktop use.
                                      > >
                                      > > God bless you!
                                      > >
                                      > > Clint Canada

                                    • Bimbo Garcia
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Feb 4, 2005

                                        John Naldoza, Please do the lead. If you are busy, please let us know. So, we can help you organize this group. More power!!!

                                        =====

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Feb 4, 2005
                                          Hi,

                                          I would suggest that we try and meet up (physically) sit down and try
                                          to get ourselves on the right foot. For those who will not be able to
                                          attend, we'll post a summary of what happenned during the meet and
                                          have everyone on this list comment and give their feedbacks.

                                          I've been pretty busy for the past few years. It seems as though
                                          it'll continue for some years on :) I can set aside some time for the
                                          meet.

                                          Evenings (after 7pm):
                                          Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday

                                          Afternoonish:
                                          Saturday

                                          Within the Ayala area (even up to DOST :D).

                                          Any suggestions as to the time and place for the meet (would help if
                                          there was free food and drinks :D:D:D)?

                                          Cheers,

                                          John Clark

                                          On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:58:36 +0800, Bimbo Garcia <bimbo_garcia@...> wrote:

                                          > John Naldoza, Please do the lead. If you are busy, please let us know. So,
                                          > we can help you organize this group. More power!!!

                                        • Ian Bert Tusil
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Feb 4, 2005
                                            Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday after 7 would be good
                                            idea. maybe we can have a poll at the yahoo groups for
                                            suggestions and votations for the time and place for
                                            the meeting.

                                            Go Ce-GNU-LUG!! Revitalized!!!

                                            --- john naldoza <njclark@...> wrote:

                                            > Hi,
                                            >

                                            > I would suggest that we try and meet up (physically)
                                            > sit down and try
                                            > to get ourselves on the right foot. For those who
                                            > will not be able to
                                            > attend, we'll post a summary of what happenned
                                            > during the meet and
                                            > have everyone on this list comment and give their
                                            > feedbacks.
                                            >
                                            > I've been pretty busy for the past few years. It
                                            > seems as though
                                            > it'll continue for some years on :) I can set aside
                                            > some time for the
                                            > meet.
                                            >
                                            > Evenings (after 7pm):
                                            > Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
                                            >
                                            > Afternoonish:
                                            > Saturday
                                            >
                                            > Within the Ayala area (even up to DOST :D).
                                            >
                                            > Any suggestions as to the time and place for the
                                            > meet (would help if
                                            > there was free food and drinks :D:D:D)?
                                            >

                                            > Cheers,
                                            >

                                            > John Clark
                                            >
                                            > On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:58:36 +0800, Bimbo Garcia
                                            > <bimbo_garcia@...> wrote:
                                            > >

                                            > > John Naldoza, Please do the lead. If you are busy,
                                            > please let us know. So,
                                            > > we can help you organize this group. More power!!!

                                            =====
                                            Ian Bert Tusil
                                            iyanski@*.*
                                            www.TechFoozle.com/iyanski
                                            "The question is not- "What do you have to do? It's, -"What do you really want to do?"
                                            "********************************************

                                            The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
                                            http://my.yahoo.com
                                          • mike schmeisser
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Feb 5, 2005
                                              Hello John,

                                              > (would help if there was free food and drinks :D:D:D)?

                                              hehehehehe free drinks!!! for me more important a proper running
                                              computer :-)

                                              Without any objections to all these efforts, lets keep in mind, Linux
                                              is fee, no money for something which is free, especially from the
                                              Cebuano, hehehehe <eg> raising funds for a free software will always
                                              remain a problem in Cebu.

                                              Why to develop an own Bayanihan version? Linux is the world. We do
                                              benefit from the efforts of all programmers world wide and Cebu should
                                              become part of this worldwide community. In part this has been done
                                              already, when I recall correctly some program by Cebuano authors.

                                              In fact what does annoy me most when installing Linux, timezone
                                              Manila, where is that damned place? any idea? <eg> absolute nothing
                                              about Cebu, ok, just enter UTC +8, bypassed this one :-)

                                              No ideas to translate the language files into Cebuano, which certainly
                                              not to difficult from the programming side, for everybody visible that
                                              Cebu part of the international Linux community, also no need as
                                              everybody does understand English :-)

                                              So far Cebu under the rule of this other operating system, sorry
                                              forgot the name, the one which does does always crash make and
                                              volunerable to viruses, any more Linux users already some success.

                                              Would like to join but presently working on some project in mainland
                                              China. China is more money than Cebu, development here more rapid, you
                                              know ...

                                              Mike
                                            • Yan
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Feb 7, 2005
                                                How about a little history for a start?

                                                Yan

                                                --- john naldoza <njclark@...> wrote:

                                                > By the way, I don't think this was posted to the
                                                > list...
                                                >
                                                > http://www.business-trust.com/CEGNULUG/
                                                >
                                                > Just something that's been underworks for a while
                                                > (like 10 months ago???)
                                                >
                                                > Glenn Prialde and Wendel Malpas volunteered some of
                                                > their time to it.
                                                > We all got stuck with "Content Writing". Would be
                                                > nice if this could
                                                > be improved/enhanced further...
                                                >

                                                > On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 04:40:45 -0000, clintcan
                                                > <clintoca@...> wrote:
                                                > >

                                                > > Peace!
                                                > >
                                                > > Hello, I might give you guys a little space and
                                                > bandwidth in my
                                                > > webhost, with php and mysql (maybe about 50MB, I'm
                                                > quite tight on the
                                                > > budget)? All you need now is to set up a domain
                                                > and have it pointed
                                                > > to my small server, if any of you is willing to
                                                > shelve out a little
                                                > > fee for the domain rental per year. I'll give you
                                                > about 5 email
                                                > > addresses (just maybe 2mb each) within that domain
                                                > and limited space,
                                                > > tell me what to place in as a homepage. Is that
                                                > ok with you guys?
                                                > >
                                                > > Also, for the bayanihan linux thingy, how about a
                                                > derivative of the
                                                > > slackware distro? I've been working in that area
                                                > for the pnut project
                                                > > (although it's not a live distribution - yet), and
                                                > I'm quite adept
                                                > > with slack - I think. A EXT2, EXT3 or reiserfs
                                                > based filesystem can
                                                > > be comrpessed into a .bz2 file and an isolinux
                                                > startup can then run an
                                                > > install script to install that bzipped file into
                                                > the partition of your
                                                > > choice. Sorry about that... got a little bit
                                                > carried away. As far as
                                                > > I know, the only other Filipino distribution that
                                                > also has a slackware
                                                > > derivative is LormaLinux from lorma university,
                                                > which as has a Fedora
                                                > > Core 3 based distribution for desktop use.
                                                > >
                                                > > God bless you!
                                                > >
                                                > > Clint Canada

                                                > ce-gnu-lug@...
                                                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                                http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
                                              • Glenn Prialde
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Feb 7, 2005
                                                  I turned over the source codes to Ian so he can PAY for a hosting with
                                                  mySQL kay seems that freesql.org doesn't like me saving a "small" blob
                                                  file sa db hehehehe...

                                                  Ian, dalia nana oi! :)

                                                  And a nice neat writen history would also be nice from the "old" guys
                                                  hehehehehehe

                                                  wrote:

                                                  > Peace!
                                                  >
                                                  > Hello, I might give you guys a little space and bandwidth in my
                                                  > webhost, with php and mysql (maybe about 50MB, I'm quite tight on the
                                                  > budget)? All you need now is to set up a domain and have it pointed
                                                  > to my small server, if any of you is willing to shelve out a little
                                                  > fee for the domain rental per year. I'll give you about 5 email
                                                  > addresses (just maybe 2mb each) within that domain and limited space,
                                                  > tell me what to place in as a homepage. Is that ok with you guys?
                                                  >
                                                  > Also, for the bayanihan linux thingy, how about a derivative of the
                                                  > slackware distro? I've been working in that area for the pnut project

                                                  > (although it's not a live distribution - yet), and I'm quite adept
                                                  > with slack - I think. A EXT2, EXT3 or reiserfs based filesystem can
                                                  > be comrpessed into a .bz2 file and an isolinux startup can then run an

                                                  > install script to install that bzipped file into the partition of your

                                                  > choice. Sorry about that... got a little bit carried away. As far as

                                                  > I know, the only other Filipino distribution that also has a slackware

                                                  > derivative is LormaLinux from lorma university, which as has a Fedora
                                                  > Core 3 based distribution for desktop use.
                                                  >
                                                  > God bless you!
                                                  >
                                                  > Clint Canada

                                                  Yahoo! Groups Links