Re: Saan Ba headquarter ng grupo?

  • John Clark L. Naldoza
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
      Hi,

      Right now it's pretty Virtual. Pretty informal. We don't even have
      a membership fee. And sourcing funds, as of the moment, is kinda
      difficult unless we can have a very Generous benefactor (right
      Yannix!).

      Most of the stuff that we went through has been by RTFMs (reading the
      f...ine manuals :)). One nice place to get your bearings would be..

      http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/book/index.html.gz

      You can also drop by DOST to get some info or the latest distro they
      have in store just bring loads of blank CDs :)

      We should defintely be thinking about (and implementing) some plans
      on putting up a presence of where to go or stake out. One possible
      way of getting it done would be to set-up an Open Source Kiosk
      (Internet Cafe with Linux Installed) and allow people to try it out
      for free. But as my good friends, especially Dominque, pointed out
      how do you plan in setting it up (aka funding) and how do you sustain
      or improve upon it (aka plan)?

      Ideas and Suggestions are always welcome.

      Cheers,

      John Clark
    • Glenn Prialde
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2004
        A kind hearted mySQL DB (doesn't matter if shared) donor is very needed
        for the site :)))))

        We had an account at www.freesql.org but was deleted by reasons not know
        yet. Guess they don't want us to store longblobs for pictures in the DB
        :)

        TY daan...
      • Yan
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
          Glenn,

          How much space do you need?

          Yan
          --- Glenn Prialde <Glenn.Prialde@...>
          wrote:

          > A kind hearted mySQL DB (doesn't matter if shared)
          > donor is very needed
          > for the site :)))))
          >
          > We had an account at www.freesql.org but was deleted
          > by reasons not know
          > yet. Guess they don't want us to store longblobs for
          > pictures in the DB
          > :)
          >

          > TY daan...

          > Toolbar.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/0XFolB/TM

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
        • Glenn Prialde
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2004
            Hmmmm enough for one table?

            The biggest data that will be stored is a picture 1 each member...

            1G will be more than enough with a group this size I think..

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/0XFolB/TM