Re: [ce-gnu-lug] what have we been up to?

  • Ivan R. Sy Jr.
    Message 1 of 32 , Jul 31, 2004
      thats a good idea.
      good for you you have met 2 members, i didnt even have the chance to
      meet a single soul from this group, really.

      On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 03:42:33PM -0000, rafiks_rb wrote:
      > How long have we been established?
      > I've been a member of this group for almost 2 years na but I only met
      > 2 members of this group. I met them because I got my distros from them.
      >
      > I met John Clark when I ask for a copy of Redhat 7.3 ,my first distro
      > by the way, almost 2 years ago and that was it. I also met Junel
      > Agutaya when I got Debian which Is my current Distro of choice..
      >
      > So, whats up guys? Shouldn't we set up something more concrete like an
      > installfest or something? Just so that we could get to know each other..
      >
      > Rafiks

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • William Emmanuel S. Yu
      Message 32 of 32 , Sep 5, 2004
        good to hear you are planning stuff after such a long time.
        john and i get together whenever i am around (cebu) which is
        usually christmas time. i meet DOM sometimes here in manila.

        and yes, the group met on december 1999 at SHS-B (thanks for
        mr. enriquez). we did our very first installfest. two years
        later we had a potlock party (most of the food from john clark).

        that is about it.

        sorry i cannot be around at that time. have fun!

        Quoting "John Clark L. Naldoza" <njclark@...>:

> [...]
        > Kiosk... Although there are games for Linux, this is not what I see
        > the Kiosk as providing.
        >
        > I see the Linux Kiosk functioning as an Open Source laboratory for
        > people to come in, experience and experiment with Linux with someone
        > to guide him/her out.
        >
        > Would it be sustainable? Well, it needs to be thought through more
        > carefully.
        >

        > Cheers,
        >

        > John Clark
        >

        > --- In ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com, "mangz_1974" <mangz_1974@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > hey guys,
        > >
        > > i've been on this site for quite some time now...although i am a
        > bit
        > > of a lurker (or stalker maybe...). anyway, i would be much willing
        > > offer anything i could help out this group in some way or another.
        > > physical distance would be a bit of a problem for now but i am
        > > planning to visit cebu early next year. maybe i could see u guys in
        > > person.
        > >
        > > i've some things in mind to help propagate open source and linux in
        > > cebu. one that i have in mind right now is getting a booth during
        > > school event (intrams/university days etc..) i know we used to have
        > > this before in when i was in usc. why not set up a couple of boxes
        > > with a distro and install CEDEGA on it so we can demonstrate that
        > we
        > > could play games on linux. admit it, a lot of kids are addicted to
        > > games...and that is why they are turned off to linux because they
        > > can't play games...we can have another box running openoffice.org
        > and
        > > other apps...to convince others to run linux. we can also go
        > underground
        > > and convince some teachers (computer teachers and
        > > instructors...)invite to a
        > > linux meeting with a box and show them how linux is the future of
        > > computing. if u can convince a teacher...they u have convince 50
        > > students...
        > >
        > > anyway...i'm not sure if i made sense...heheh...re the internet
        > cafe,
        > > i do have an internet cafe in minglanilla. when i come back on
        > > january, i am decided to convert all of the system to 100% linux
        > from
        > > the clients to the server.
        > >
        > > by the way, im mangz from baltimore, md and i'm currently a student
        > > taking up InfoSys in Programming and Dbase Mgt while working with
        > > IronMountain, a records management company. Im originally from
        > > minglanilla, cebu.
        > >

        > > mangz74
        > > baltimore, md
        > > running:
        > > desktop - debian (sid)
        > > laptop - gnoppix
        > > pda - running gpe on familiar
        > > 100% linux all the time
        > >

        > > --- In ce-gnu-lug@yahoogroups.com, "Conan the Barbarian"
        > > <ronanlim@y...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > john , sama ako diyan .. okay lang kahit newbie sa linux, no

        William Emmanuel S. Yu
        Department of Information Systems and Computer Science
        Ateneo de Manila University
        email : wyu at ateneo dot edu
        web : http://CNG.ateneo.net/cng/wyu/
        phone : +63(2)4266001-4186