RE: [ce-gnu-lug] Re: Full Linux Office Migration

  • Dudley F. Cañas
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 2, 2003
      >>I am setting a scope and not demanding anything. Otherwise, we would
      >>just veer off topic and this is what we are already doing now.

      hire a damm consultant to do all those stuff and pay for support to get rid
      of your headache!
    • John Naldoza
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 2, 2003
        Guys,

        Cool down :) It's friday and it's October... Why not meet up and resolve everything over a few rounds of beers (Oktoberfest? :D).

        Cheers,

        John Clark

        >>I am setting a scope and not demanding anything. Otherwise, we would
        >>just veer off topic and this is what we are already doing now.

        hire a damm consultant to do all those stuff and pay for support to get rid
        of your headache!

      • Glenn Prialde
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 3, 2003
          COOL!!!... where and when and HOW!? :D

          Cool down :) It's friday and it's October... Why not meet up and resolve everything over a few rounds of beers (Oktoberfest? :D).

          Cheers,

          John Clark

          >>I am setting a scope and not demanding anything. Otherwise, we would
          >>just veer off topic and this is what we are already doing now.

          hire a damm consultant to do all those stuff and pay for support to get rid
          of your headache!

          ---
          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

          ---
        • Chad
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 4, 2003
            Ummm... no thanks. The way this discussion is going, it's just begging for trouble and alcohol and too much bragging is the catalyst. :P

            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 4, 2003
              I'm way ahead of you. Now there's one more concern before the headache disappears. Do you have money to pay for it? Because WE don't. That's why we are moving on to Linux. We can afford a license but sorry, we can't afford a consultant. Not to worry though. I'm resigning from this job because I'm sick and tired of moronic ideas from my boss. "We want to transfer to Linux but we want our Windows software to run on it." Can you get any more lame than that? And I'm also sick and tired of him takin credit for my work. :P

              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 5, 2003
                Hi,

                Here's a thought...  Have your boss hire a consultant to tell your boss that it can't be done...  In the way he is envisioning it :)

                Cheers,

                John Clark

                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 5, 2003
                  BETTER!!!! :) Less headaches. Coz I can't convince him it can't be done! Thanks for the advice! ;)

                  I'll have 5 consultants to tell him that. If that aging old fossil won't be convinced that's his problem. But there's no way in hell I'm working on it.

                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 6, 2003
                    Hello,

                    How about suggesting a different but do the same work
                    i guess there are lots of open software that are
                    competive enough against those proprietary softwares
                    that run under M$ all you(your boss) need to do is
                    learn.
                    ei. M$ Office = Open Office
                    you(your boss again) may also want to check
                    http://www.codeweavers.com/home/its a start for
                    migrating.

                    cheers!
                    marvin

                    --- Chad <darkstar_ae@...> wrote:
                    > BETTER!!!! :) Less headaches. Coz I can't convince
                    > him it can't be done! Thanks for the advice! ;)
                    >
                    > I'll have 5 consultants to tell him that. If that
                    > aging old fossil won't be convinced that's his
                    > problem. But there's no way in hell I'm working on
                    > it.

                    =====
                    cheers!
                    marvin

                    http://shopping.yahoo.com
                  • AcXide
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 6, 2003
                      you could start enumerating the softwares your boss
                      use and we could probably share some alternative
                      softwares he can use.
                      check out also freshmeat.net

                      --- marvin carredo <c_marvin18@...> wrote:
                      > Hello,
                      >
                      > How about suggesting a different but do the same
                      > work
                      > i guess there are lots of open software that are
                      > competive enough against those proprietary softwares
                      > that run under M$ all you(your boss) need to do is
                      > learn.
                      > ei. M$ Office = Open Office
                      > you(your boss again) may also want to check
                      > http://www.codeweavers.com/home/its a start for
                      > migrating.
                      >
                      > cheers!
                      > marvin

                      =====
                      Ian Bert Tusil
                      Software Developer
                      Syntax Technologies
                      Tel.#: (032)340-8641
                      http://shopping.yahoo.com
                    • Chad
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 8, 2003
                        Umm...The link you gave is invalid although '/home' alone works.

                        Thanks for the link though. Better than google. :P

                        Note for the day: BEWARE THE MICROSOFT LURKER OF THIS LIST.

                        --- Chad <darkstar_ae@...> wrote:
                        > BETTER!!!! :) Less headaches. Coz I can't convince
                        > him it can't be done! Thanks for the advice! ;)
                        >
                        > I'll have 5 consultants to tell him that. If that
                        > aging old fossil won't be convinced that's his
                        > problem. But there's no way in hell I'm working on
                        > it.

                        =====
                        cheers!
                        marvin

                      • marvin carredo
                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 9, 2003
                          aheheh its suppose to be
                          "http://www.codeweavers.com/home its a good start for
                          migrating" =)

                          cheers!
                          marvin
                          --- Chad <darkstar_ae@...> wrote:
                          > Umm...The link you gave is invalid although '/home'
                          > alone works.
                          >
                          > Thanks for the link though. Better than google. :P
                          >

                          > Note for the day: BEWARE THE MICROSOFT LURKER OF
                          > THIS LIST.

                          =====
                          cheers!
                          marvin