Re: Mandrake 8.1 Installations CDs and StarOffice

  • John Clark L. Naldoza
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
      --- In ce-gnu-lug@y..., francis_mumar@y... wrote:
      > Does anyone have any idea where I could get Mandrake 8.1 installation
      > disks? Downloading the ISO images from the FTP sites is an abosolute
      > nightmare... The files are just too big... I am also interested in
      > obtaining the latest version of StarOffice as well. To those who have
      > copies of the said software perhaps maybe I could borrow them and
      > have them copied (I have access to a CDR) or maybe suggest some other
      > arrangement.
      >
      > Suggestions anyone?
      >
      > FranZ :)

      I think a guy by the name of John Clark has thos CDs =)

      Cheers,

      John Clark
    • Real Site Internet Cafe
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
        Where can we get in touch with this guy called John Clark?

        can i have some cds too? im interested to get copies of RH, Mandrake and
        FreeBsd... siguro mga later november (kay daghan pang tun.anan)

        thanks

        ivan

        > > Does anyone have any idea where I could get Mandrake 8.1 installation
        > > disks? Downloading the ISO images from the FTP sites is an abosolute
        > > nightmare... The files are just too big... I am also interested in
        > > obtaining the latest version of StarOffice as well. To those who have
        > > copies of the said software perhaps maybe I could borrow them and
        > > have them copied (I have access to a CDR) or maybe suggest some other
        > > arrangement.
        > >
        > > Suggestions anyone?
        > >
        > > FranZ :)
        >
        > I think a guy by the name of John Clark has thos CDs =)
        >
        > Cheers,
        >

        > John Clark

      • Eben Ramos
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
          elr: uh-oh, now we have a problem. i heard john clark had just been
          conscripted to the us aiforce (i didn't know he was a us citizen) to fight
          the taliban! =)) kidding aside, ivan, he was the one who made the reply.
          he is here in this list, and one of the most frequent to post. the real
          problem is: if you're not cebu-based, you'll need to pay for postage to get
          the cd's =) .

          Real Site Internet Cafe writes:

          > Where can we get in touch with this guy called John Clark?
          >
          > can i have some cds too? im interested to get copies of RH, Mandrake and
          > FreeBsd... siguro mga later november (kay daghan pang tun.anan)
          >
          > thanks
          >
          > ivan

          ==========
          Subscribe to Bizlinks Network and get:
          1. FREE INTERNET ZIP ADDRESS DOMAIN (e.g., www.yourname.zip.ph)
          2. FREE WEB HOSTING (5MB)
          3. FREE PERSONALIZED EMAIL (e.g., you@...)
          4. FULL CONTROL OF YOUR VIRTUAL MAIL SERVER (you can add, edit,
          or delete PoP email accounts to your ZIP address),
          5. FREE FTP ACCESS TO YOUR WEB SERVER, and
          6. FREE PICTURE SCANNING FOR SUBSCRIBERS!!!
          For details, email us at sales@... or call us at
          (6332)420-2471 to 72
          ==========
        • mike
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
            Eben,

            > i heard john clark had just been conscripted to the
            > us aiforce (i didn't know he was a us citizen) to fight
            > the taliban! =))

            thought he had been recruited to fight Eben Laden :-)

            > the real problem is: if you're not cebu-based, you'll
            > need to pay for postage to get the cd's =) .

            It is a lot of work for John and I am wondering if we might
            not do better on the long run having here some depot selling
            these, even as the price a little bit higher.

            I myself am looking for RH 7.2 and Suse :-)

            There is this one store in SM, they do have some Linux
            CD's but does appear to me like outdated, i.e. RH 7.0
            Maybe could ask them to make copies and sell these.

            Could have done it also at my facility, but have in mind
            to close my store to the end of the year. Looking at some
            different locations, maybe Mindanao giving Abu Sayyaf a
            better option on how to spend their time :-)

            Mike
          • Eben Ramos
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
              elr: i agree. its a real headache looking for up-to-date open source cd's
              in the malls. maybe john could consign a few to sell at dataventure in sm
              city? i know the owners. =)

              ==========
              Subscribe to Bizlinks Network and get:
              1. FREE INTERNET ZIP ADDRESS DOMAIN (e.g., www.yourname.zip.ph)
              2. FREE WEB HOSTING (5MB)
              3. FREE PERSONALIZED EMAIL (e.g., you@...)
              4. FULL CONTROL OF YOUR VIRTUAL MAIL SERVER (you can add, edit,
              or delete PoP email accounts to your ZIP address),
              5. FREE FTP ACCESS TO YOUR WEB SERVER, and
              6. FREE PICTURE SCANNING FOR SUBSCRIBERS!!!
              For details, email us at sales@... or call us at
              (6332)420-2471 to 72
              ==========
            • John Clark Naldoza y Lopez
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
                Real Site Internet Cafe wrote:

                > Where can we get in touch with this guy called John Clark?
                >
                > can i have some cds too? im interested to get copies of RH, Mandrake and
                > FreeBsd... siguro mga later november (kay daghan pang tun.anan)
                >
                > thanks
                >
                > ivan

                Hello Ivan,

                Kindly check my Signature =)

                --
                /) John Clark Naldoza y Lopez (\
                / ) Software Design Engineer III ( \

                "Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work
                done"
                --Linus Torvalds
              • John Clark Naldoza y Lopez
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
                  mike wrote:

                  > Eben,
                  >
                  > > i heard john clark had just been conscripted to the
                  > > us aiforce (i didn't know he was a us citizen) to fight
                  > > the taliban! =))
                  >
                  > thought he had been recruited to fight Eben Laden :-)

                  I just returned, no luck... I'm going to try the beaches today =P =)

                  > > the real problem is: if you're not cebu-based, you'll
                  > > need to pay for postage to get the cd's =) .
                  >
                  > It is a lot of work for John and I am wondering if we might
                  > not do better on the long run having here some depot selling
                  > these, even as the price a little bit higher.

                  No problem with me, it would be better to have them sold their... More
                  exposure.. =)

                  > I myself am looking for RH 7.2 and Suse :-)

                  I have RH 7.2, I just can't find any ISOs for SUSE 7.3, the other ISO's
                  are all "test" installs, starting from 7.1... =(

                  > There is this one store in SM, they do have some Linux
                  > CD's but does appear to me like outdated, i.e. RH 7.0
                  > Maybe could ask them to make copies and sell these.

                  Heheheh, Vendee... Oh I think I know her, her sister, her husband...
                  heheheh

                  > Could have done it also at my facility, but have in mind
                  > to close my store to the end of the year. Looking at some
                  > different locations, maybe Mindanao giving Abu Sayyaf a
                  > better option on how to spend their time :-)

                  That would be cool... Abu Sayyaf using Linux =)

                  Cheers,

                  John Clark

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
                    Eben Ramos wrote:

                    > elr: i agree. its a real headache looking for up-to-date open source cd's
                    > in the malls. maybe john could consign a few to sell at dataventure in sm
                    > city? i know the owners. =)

                    If you can arrange it, I'm game =)

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 2, 2001
                      John,

                      > That would be cool... Abu Sayyaf using Linux =)

                      Well, I was more thinking of Abu Sayyaf playing CounterStrike
                      or Soldier of Fortune and to forget about all their other
                      activities :-)

                      Neither the less, the internet may contribute reducing on
                      wars. As people do see and experience, that they on the
                      other side not any different, humans with the same problems,
                      it does put an end to wrong information, like they are
                      different, we have to attack them.

                      Nothing final yet, still busy with my case v/s Primetown.
                      But I caught them already hehehehe. Next week when they
                      back from their vaccation should have some real fun :-)

                      When I am through with that I will decide on what to do
                      with this place. My preference more on giving up on this
                      location as increasingly unattractive. But that would be
                      after Christmas ...

                      Mike