Re: [ce-gnu-lug] How-to?

  • Horatio B. Bogbindero
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2000

      > How do I configure an ethernet card to use two IP addresses? My predecessor told me that it's possible.
      > By the way John, are you here now in the mainland(RP)?
      > Regards

      you have to enable ip aliasing when you compile your linux kernel.
      usually, it is enabled by the standard distributions.

      assume you have one lan card eth0 and two ip addresses 192.168.0.1
      192.168.0.2 w/ netmask 255.255.255.0

      # ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
      # ifconfig eth0:1 192.168.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.0

      if these commands do not work then you do not have ip aliasing installed
      in your kernel.

      cheers.

      > On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 John Clark L. Naldoza wrote:
      > > Hey Guys... (al Gals...;-))
      > >

      > > Would it be possible to have a meeting this Saturday? August 5, 2000...
      > >
      > > Venue... I haven't gotten any suggestions...;-)
      > >
      > > Time..... I have _TENTATIVELY_ placed it from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
      > >
      > > Agenda....:
      > > - Constitution
      > > - Recap of Linux2K
      > > - Webpage
      > > - Future Works/Projects
      > > - Beach Party???..;-)
      > >
      > > Everyone is invited...;-)
      > >

      > > Cheers,
      > >

      > > John Clark

      ---------------------
      william.s.yu@...

      An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
      -- Benjamin Franklin
    • John Clark L. Naldoza
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 17, 2000
        Hey guys,

        Is anyone still interested in having a meeting for this month...;-)  If not, we can move it again...

        If we do meet, what shall we do?

        Cheers,

        John Clark
      • Mae Echavez
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 17, 2000
          On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, you wrote:

          > Hey guys,
          >

          > Is anyone still interested in having a meeting for this month...;-) If not, we can move it again...
          >
          > If we do meet, what shall we do?

          anything you like...

          > Cheers,
          >

          > John Clark

          Mae Echavez
          Customer Support Engr
          Hypertech Corp. - Cebu
          maee@...

          " Character cannot be developed in piece and
          quite. Only through experiences of trial and
          suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision be
          cleared, ambition insured and success achieved. "
        • Joseph Mari Ocol
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 18, 2000
            "John Clark L. Naldoza" wrote:

            > I would suggest someplace in Ayala or someplace near Ayala... But aside
            > from being able to sit and eat... We should also be able to talk and
            > have fun...;-)

            I suggest ARCADA, Mc Donalds, KFC or wherelse ?

            > P.S. There is a possibility, Elicon near USC-main... only
            > P150.00/hour...;-) We'll just eat outside before the meeting or after
            > the meeting...hehheehe...;-)

            Nice idea, but if in Ayala we won't have to spend for the place.

            VENUE: Ayala ???
            TIME: 7:00 ~ ???
            DATE: Sept. 22 / 23 ?

            Joseph
          • John Clark L. Naldoza
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 18, 2000

              > I suggest ARCADA, Mc Donalds, KFC or wherelse ?
              >

              > Nice idea, but if in Ayala we won't have to spend for the place.
              >
              > VENUE: Ayala ???
              > TIME: 7:00 ~ ???
              > DATE: Sept. 22 / 23 ?

              The place is said to hold about 50 people... It's prone to less
              disturbances from outside noise...;-) Giving us a much better noise to
              signal ratio...hopefully..;-)

              Cheers,

              John Clark
            • Joseph Mari Ocol
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 18, 2000
                "John Clark L. Naldoza" wrote:

                > The place is said to hold about 50 people... It's prone to less
                > disturbances from outside noise...;-) Giving us a much better noise to
                > signal ratio...hopefully..;-)
                >
                > Cheers,
                >
                > John Clark

                If we are expecting a whole lot of CE-GNU-LUG Folks why not ?
                So what do you say folks ?

                CE-GNU-LUG Meeting
                VENUE: Elicon ?
                TIME : 7:00 ~ ?