Bandwidth Control per IP address in Local Network

  • Jeffrey Philip Tan
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2012
      Hi Guys,

      Question, is there an ubuntu package that I can use to control/limit the bandwidth the user is capable of getting when accessing the internet? (ex.  pc1 = 100kbps max, pc2 = 200kbps max, me=unlimited )  =)

      my setup is

      NET  ------------------ Ubuntu Gateway Server -------------- Local network (10.x.x.x)

      Thanks
    • Noel Martin Llevares

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2012
          hmm ill try to look into that ^_^
          tyty

          --
          Profile About.Me

        • John Clark Naldoza
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2012
            You may also want to try out -> http://shorewall.net/

            You should probably work with the latest stable, not sure if Ubuntu packages are using the latest stable from the site =)

            Then try out..

            http://www.shorewall.net/traffic_shaping.htm#perIP

            This is also a pretty good read for what you want to do, I think..

            http://www.ckollars.org/shaping.html

            Hth?

            Best regards,

            John Clark

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2012
              Coool... though i have the old Shorewall, im upgrading my server anyway...
              RTFM FTW!

              thanks little john ;)