Re: Email Server can't receive mail from other domain

  • codbla
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 3, 2012
      Happy New Year to all and it is indeed a new year to our Email server.

      At last I able to solve the problems I mentioned while ago regarding the email server.

      Thanks to John Clark for the helps especially on pointing out the main cause of the problem - the port 25 closed. That's why I will call him John Clark the great.

      The solutions
      I used to enable the firewall, using the iptables. It took me 4 rules to add on my existing firewall especially on the source (public IP), initially the localhost port 25 is enable.

      The problems is the iptables -d options even I put the IP address but still no luck in opening the SMTP. What I did i used to change it using the CIDR such as 10.0.0.254/24.. and Eureka! it works!

      to check the ports for particular IP
      nmap -sS -O 10.0.0.254

      Karon puede nako maka send and receive email using our domain via webmail.

      Next problems is the virtual users.

      Daghang kaayong salamat sa tanan. Gamay ni nga problema pero sa akoa dako na kaayo ni, it took me many months to research this problems.