Linux MangOeS - Major Build Release May 1, 2011

  • linuxmangoes
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2011
      Major Build Release May 1, 2011

      I just built it today and testing as I type :). I will be releasing it for public download soon.

      Wow! 68 downloads! Thanks you guys!I would like to thank everyone who is and has supported this project. i do appreciate everyone who is involved and hopefully continue to move the project forward.

      * please select "Standard Desktop" for testing - I will fix MangOeS desktop config files soon.
      * new artwork featuring Bantayan Island! (I've released the photo under GPLv3)
      * Build is now Dual-Licensed: GPLv3 and MPLv1.1
      * updated/removed repositories
      * Apple and Blackberry device sync possible!

      Persistent Information:

      * preload .iso is available for testing *NOTE: THIS BUILD WILL WIPE OUT YOUR ENTIRE HARD DRIVE
      Use this if you do not want to run a live environment to install Linux MangOeS. This is actually faster to install than the Live CD.

      * Unetbootin and Linux Live USB Creator are confirmed NOT to work with .ISO and USB/Hard Drive Image - must Use Studio Imagewriter here:
      Windows: ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/kiwi/ImageWriter.exe

      * bluetooth works??
      * debranding
      * ongoing GPL/MPL software compliance audit
      * opensuse has a maximum cap of 30 repos
      * Rumored and unconfirmed: installed on a cellphone and was able to boot a computer from it
      * login/logout sound added (needs testing)
    • linuxmangoes