photos

  • bellcham@nexicom.net
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 1 7:04 AM
      I made a new album, 2011 500 Gourds, for us to add our photos we sent
      for consideration to the book publishers. I have put in my photos.
      Please add yours too!
      :-) B
    • FranceB
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 1 8:17 AM
        Cool Photo Barbara. :-)I remember I saw the big one with the pteroglyphe. It was an awesome piece.

        France

      • bellcham@nexicom.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 1 9:45 AM
          Thanks France!

          On Tuesday 01/03/2011 at 11:17 am, FranceB wrote:

          Cool Photo Barbara. :-)I remember I saw the big one with the pteroglyphe. It was an awesome piece.

          France

          --- In cdngourdsociety@yahoogroups.com, bellcham@... wrote:

          > I made a new album, 2011 500 Gourds, for us to add our photos we sent
          > for consideration to the book publishers. I have put in my photos.
          > Please add yours too!
          > :-) B

        • France Benoit
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 1 10:46 AM
            And I also put the gourds I submit for the book. :-)

            France

            --
            France Benoit
            Membre de la coopérative l'Empreinte

          • bellcham@nexicom.net
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 1 10:58 AM
              I love them!  I remember the 'red lady' from Gourdfest.  I love each and every one.  I know that the 'ruffles' on the red lady is coiling, but what are the other ruffles made from?  You had fun with jewellry bits too!  Good work my dear.  Thanks for posting them all.  I hope they get in the book!
              :-)  Barbara

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 1 11:01 AM
                There was no coiling on this one. It's apoxie sculpt. :-) I know it's not as nice but it's quicker. LOL

                I love making jewelry for the ladies. :-)

                I do hope all the canucks get in the book. LOL

                So Annie? Want to share with us what you did for the book?

                France

                2011/3/1 <bellcham@...>

                I love them!  I remember the 'red lady' from Gourdfest.  I love each and every one.  I know that the 'ruffles' on the red lady is coiling, but what are the other ruffles made from?  You had fun with jewellry bits too!  Good work my dear.  Thanks for posting them all.  I hope they get in the book!

                :-)  Barbara

                --
                France Benoit
                Membre de la coopérative l'Empreinte
                http://www.fbcreations.com
                http://www.lesgredines.com

              • anne boquist
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 2 6:21 AM
                  LOVE the photos, I tried to add mine but it said -- after about 20 minutes, unsupported file type, what the heck does that mean?

                  --- In cdngourdsociety@yahoogroups.com, bellcham@... wrote:

                  > I made a new album, 2011 500 Gourds, for us to add our photos we sent
                  > for consideration to the book publishers. I have put in my photos.
                  > Please add yours too!
                  > :-) B

                • France Benoit
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 2 6:22 AM
                    What type of file did you try to upload?

                    France

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 2 2:16 PM
                      I really don't know - I will try again tho, a different way - thank goodness for kids, they do come in handy for this sort of thing.

                      --- In cdngourdsociety@yahoogroups.com, France Benoit <france.benoit@...> wrote:

                      > What type of file did you try to upload?
                      >
                      > France
                      >
                      > 2011/3/2 anne boquist <aboquist@...>
                      >

                      > > LOVE the photos, I tried to add mine but it said -- after about 20 minutes,
                      > > unsupported file type, what the heck does that mean?
                      > >
                      > > --- In cdngourdsociety@yahoogroups.com, bellcham@ wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I made a new album, 2011 500 Gourds, for us to add our photos we sent
                      > > > for consideration to the book publishers. I have put in my photos.
                      > > > Please add yours too!
                      > > > :-) B
                      > > >

                      > --
                      > France Benoit
                      > Membre de la coopérative l'Empreinte
                      > http://www.fbcreations.com
                      > http://www.lesgredines.com

                    • France Benoit
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 2 3:49 PM
                        LOL

                        --
                        France Benoit
                        Membre de la coopérative l'Empreinte
                        http://www.fbcreations.com
                        http://www.lesgredines.com

                      • Debby R
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 29 9:01 AM
                          Hi everyone,

                          Here is a question for you. I've been looking through lots of gourd albums the last few days because it's cold so I don't want to go out and it's an excuse not to clean anything LOL

                          Anyway, I've noticed that some people have either a price or Sold on their photos. I'm thinking that is a good idea because the Sold on things makes you think...Damn, she's doing well!!!...and the price is interesting to see what someone else would charge for their art.

                          So...what do you think...good idea...or tacky????

                          I'm looking forward to a heated discussion on this subject, Debby
                        • France Benoit
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 29 7:18 PM
                            Where do you want to pu the prices?

                            France

                            2012/3/29 Debby R <dbbyrussell@...>

                            Hi everyone,

                            Here is a question for you. I've been looking through lots of gourd albums the last few days because it's cold so I don't want to go out and it's an excuse not to clean anything LOL

                            Anyway, I've noticed that some people have either a price or Sold on their photos. I'm thinking that is a good idea because the Sold on things makes you think...Damn, she's doing well!!!...and the price is interesting to see what someone else would charge for their art.

                            So...what do you think...good idea...or tacky????

                            I'm looking forward to a heated discussion on this subject, Debby

                            --
                            Bonne journée,

                            France Benoit
                            Membre de la coopérative l'Empreinte
                            http://www.fbcreations.com
                            http://www.lempreintecoop.com

                          • Debby Russell

                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 30 8:18 AM

                                This is something Brigette talked about a couple of years ago, putting up a section on the CGS website with gourds for sale.  Carolyn offers that opportunity with the Northern Dipper website!  I think it is a great idea to be able to price gourds for sale, for the reasons Debby mentions.  People that may not consider buying a gourd because they do not know the price, would at least have that piece of information that would allow them to make an informed decision, and maybe go ahead.

                                I bought a gourd on ebay last month.  I was ordering some things for my daughter, so checked out the gourds.  I bought one of Ed and Darienne's gourds that they made around 10 years ago!  I recognized the gourd and the style immediately, so knew its value and who made it, though that was not listed.  Lucky me!

                                :-)  Barbara

                                Message 15 of 17 , Mar 30 10:08 AM
                                  That's an excellent idea....:-)

                                  Lea will do it?

                                  She has a lot with that website.

                                  France

                                  Message 16 of 17 , Mar 30 11:50 AM
                                    I think it is a great idea for those of you who produce and sell.   Sorry Debby.....not very heated!
                                    Adrienne

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Mar 30 4:20 PM
                                      Excellent idea.
                                      Leah is the only one that will give you that heated discussion you are looking for!

                                      Bonnie