Re: gourd exchange

  • Annie Boquist
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1, 2011
      great idea, I vote for something SMALL, postage is so expensive.  how about jewellery?  If you haven't made brooches from your scraps, try it.  I've been making them for ages --- its fun and they sell really well at craft fairs.  I'll try and send a photo.................
    • France Benoit
      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 1, 2011
        Been doing it too Annie. And I still like doing them after selling tons. :-)

        France

        --
        France Benoit
        Membre de la coopérative l'Empreinte

      • boquistannie
        Message 3 of 24 , Feb 1, 2011
          GREAT would love to see them.......soooooo......... I've started an album called gourd jewellery and added a picture of a few pins. I hope everyone posts what they've been doing and how they've been doing it. I use Gel medium to fasten the pins on the back and find it to be GREAT if you let it gloop thru the holes. what do you use France?

          --- In cdngourdsociety@yahoogroups.com, France Benoit <france.benoit@...> wrote:

          > Been doing it too Annie. And I still like doing them after selling tons. :-)
          >
          > France
          >
          > 2011/2/1 Annie Boquist <aboquist@...>
          >

          > > great idea, I vote for something SMALL, postage is so expensive. how about
          > > jewellery? If you haven't made brooches from your scraps, try it. I've
          > > been making them for ages --- its fun and they sell really well at craft
          > > fairs. I'll try and send a photo.................
          > >

          > --
          > France Benoit
          > Membre de la coopérative l'Empreinte
          > http://www.fbcreations.com
          > http://www.lesgredines.com

        • France Benoit
          Message 4 of 24 , Feb 1, 2011
            Annie they look great!!

            I use Apoxie fixit to glue them and let some through the holes too....Gel medium hmmm What is that?

            :-)

            France

            --
            France Benoit
            Membre de la coopérative l'Empreinte
            http://www.fbcreations.com
            http://www.lesgredines.com

          • Pat Blackburn
            Message 5 of 24 , Feb 1, 2011
              They look great Annie. Do you subscribe to Somerset Magazine?

              Regards,
              Patti

            • ullibon@rogers.com
              Message 6 of 24 , Feb 4, 2011
                Hi Pat,

                Exchanges are meant to be fun and to get us to try to do something that is out of our 'norm'.

                I'm also not comfortable making jewelry but a quick google search changed my mind.

                You love to paint and the big chunky jewelry is very trendy these days.

                You'd look marvelous wearing a big gourd pin on your winter jacket or off of your toque...lol.

                Stay warm and keep your mind open...you never know if or how this could change your whole gourd thoughts.

                Bonnie

                And this may sound dumb but I don't do jewelry as it doesn't interest me. I think that it would be easier to pick a theme, but size is up
                > to the person sending it.
                > Just my two cents, Pat A
              • boquistannie
                Message 7 of 24 , Feb 8, 2011
                  no, but I look at it on the magazine racks!! too rich for my blood. there'a a great book called 'Collage Discovery Workshop' that I have, use alot, and love. It showed me alot of collage ideas including Golden Gel Medium. which I use for gluing just about everything. it's at all the art supply stores and it's amazing stuff. I've had pins go thur the washing machine and ryer and survive!!