Chocolate & Fashion Design Contest

  • ccsffashion-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2013
      Fun and challenging project for students and alums, that also has the benefit of high press coverage and exposure to thousands of people in one day.

      There are three topics:

      1) As part of the 7th Annual San Francisco International Chocolate Salon (March 24th) that TasteTV produces,
       we would like to include a chocolate-influenced fashion display or exhibition. Chocolate influenced can be designs either made all of chocolate, partly of chocolate, with chocolate elements, or made with chocolate wrappers.

      The designs can be an entire outfit, a top or bottom, shoes, hats, or simply jewelry. (we have links with examples)

      This would not be a full fledged fashion show with a runway, as seen at the NYC and Paris Salon du Chocolats (not associated with us), but we are thinking either a display of designs during the show, and/or a step and repeat type presentation of the designs.

      The Salon is on March 24th, has about 4,000 attendees, 70% of which are women. It also garners a lot of media coverage. A great opportunity for creativity and exposure.

      2) We are also working to include a chocolate-themed photography competition, where winning pieces are on display at the entrance of the Chocolate Salon.

      3) There are some volunteer opportunities (which include both the Chocolate Salon exhibitions as well the simultaneous Artisan Fragrance Salon -- www.ArtisanFragranceSalon.com -- as well as possible internship possibilities for students in select fields.

      The URL is here for more information and to register.
      http://tastetv.com/ ChocoDesignContest2013.html

      - Susan

      TasteTV
      www.TasteTV.com

      The TASTE AWARDS
      The 4th Annual TASTE Awards for best Food, Fashion and Lifestyle programs on TV, in Film, Online and on Radio
      www.TheTasteAwards.com