Some classes to consider this Spring!

  • Kamille Hitz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2013
      Hello Fabulous Fashion Students,
      Below are some very interesting classes for you.... not offered every semester...... if you've got some room in your schedule we've got some new skills for you below!

      1. Interested in a Computerized Pattern Design class this spring?
      If you have had flat pattern and are interested in fulfilling the computerized pattern making requirement for our certificate, or are interested in learning to use PAD software, then you may want to take Computerized Pattern Design (FASH 180) at Cañada College this spring semester. It is offered by one of our instructors, Judy Jackson, on Wednesday afternoons from 3:15- 6 pm. Cañada College is located right off of Interstate 280, about 25 minutes south of SF, and is also accessible by CalTrain with a bus transfer. The class begins on Jan. 16th.
      PAD is a very user friendly patternmaking software, that also offers an inexpensive student version you can use for your home use. The only prerequisite for the class is a that you have taken a flat pattern class.
      If you are interested in the class, contact Judy at jmac@... and she can give you more details, including how to register and how to show you have met the prerequisite.

      2. New Couture Techniques Class being offered this spring at the Downtown Campus
      Interested in learning how to bring your sewing skills to a whole new level? If you have had 15A, beginning construction, then you are eligible to take Couture Techniques, FASH 68, being offered on Weds. nights from 6- 8:50 at the Downtown Campus. This is a short course, offered from 1/16- 2/13. You will learn advanced techniques taught by our own Lynda Maynard, who has literally "written the book" on quality sewing techniques. Don't miss this unique opportunity to learn from a couture master!

      Best
      Kamille, on behalf of the Fashion Dept