CC 17672: Sale Clerk - Upscale newsstand and chocolate shop

  • Career Connection JobServer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2010
      Greetings! This is a new workorder from Career Connection.

      Workorder: 17672.

      Job Title: Sale Clerk - Upscale newsstand and chocolate shop.
      Employer: Fog City News.
      Business: Upscale nostalgic newsstand and luxury chocolate shop.

      Job Type: Permanent, part-time job. Openings: 1

      Pay: $10.50 - $12.00 per hour.
      Other comps: to start, based on the strength of the applicant.

      Schedule: To be discussed and scheduled - see comments.
      Hours/week: 20-30.
      Deadline: Until filled or Sun Aug 29 2010.

      Duties: Upscale nostalgic newsstand and luxury chocolate shop
      seeks a part-time, dynamic sales person who is
      enthusiastic, outgoing, and punctual.

      Skills: Applicants must have:

      * A willingness to learn a variety of tasks and handle
      any responsibility offered
      * Attention to detail, follow-through and ability to
      multi-task
      * A positive, team player attitude with a love for
      interacting with people
      * Interest and passion for food, especially artisan
      chocolate

      Also Required:

      * At least 18 years of age
      * Eager to learn
      * Love working with people
      * A desire to help run a small business
      * Interest in educating the public about premium
      chocolates.

      Job Comments: COMMENTS FROM THE EMPLOYER:

      This is not another mindless job at a chain store! Fog
      City News is a one-of-a-kind, elegantly decorated store
      with a close-knit staff which will value your
      contributions and input. We'll teach you more than just
      the basics: you�ll attend trade shows, visit local
      publishing companies, participate in frequent store events
      and taste the fancy treats made by chocolatiers from
      around the world!

      * This is not a seasonal job.
      * Students are especially encouraged to apply

      We carry more magazines than any other local newsstand or
      bookstore (can you say 22 different Vogues?) Stocking 200
      bars, we have one of the largest selections of luxury
      chocolate in the United States - no kidding!

      We also have on hand hundreds of offbeat greeting cards
      and one the largest collections of nostalgic glass bottled
      soda pop in the city.

      Hours are very humane for retail: shifts are 4-8 hours
      long between 9am and 7pm Monday-Friday, and you must be
      available to work at least one Saturday (11am - 5pm) per
      month.

      Our employees enjoy:

      * Convenient work location by Muni and BART
      * Flexible hours which can accommodate your class schedule
      * Never being asked to work Sundays or nights
      * No messy food service tasks.
      * A stimulating environment serving an international
      clientele
      * A fantastic employee discount
      * Tasting some of the best chocolate in the world!

      We are looking to fill this position immediately. This job
      listing will remain open until filled. We regret that we
      cannot respond to every applicant.

      About this employer:

      Fog City News has been voted 'Best Newsstand' and-or 'Best
      Chocolate Selection' in the Bay Area for the last 10 years
      in a row.

      Contact: Address: 455 Market St #125, San Francisco, CA 94612.
      Phone: (415) 543-7400
      Email: ArtistCeleste@...

      How to Apply: Please contact this employer by email:

      Email: ArtistCeleste@...

      Email the employer a resume and cover letter and your
      availability. Paste your resume into the body of your
      email - no attachments please!) Use "Fog City News" as the
      subject line of your email.

      *** In your cover letter please tell us what you like
      about retail work or (if you don't have prior retail
      experience) what you think you might like about it, and
      your favorite chocolate bar (and why). ***

      ALWAYS let the employer know that you learned about
      this opening on CCSF Career Connection, and if you are or
      were a CCSF student.

      If you are in or have completed a CCSF program, please
      also tell this to the employer.

      * Explain why you would be good at the job or internship.
      * Check accuracy, spelling and punctuation on all letters
      and resumes.
      * Keep all appointments you make with employers.

      Remember: It helps to mention the CCSF Career Connection!

      End of work order 17672**.