2158FW: CSA-WR Western Region Symposium - Call for Papers

  • bilalbourki
    Jan 29, 2014
    • 1 Attachment
    • 155 KB
    Hello CSA Western Region Members,

    We are proud to announce that our 2014 Regional Symposium will be held from October 11-13, 2014

    Photo: Costume Society of America: Western Region
2014 Symposium
From the Street to the Catwalk, Cultural Influences on Contemporary Fashion
October 11-13, 1014
Portland, OregonCALL FOR PAPERS
The Western Region Symposium offers an opportunity for established Members and potential New Members to present juried Oral Research Papers (500 words) or Research-in Progress Reports (300 words) on unpublished research, new creations and/or practical experience. Email abstracts to professionalconf@... with CSA: Western Symposium Abstract in the subject line by June 13. Candidates will be informed of their status by July 15. For formatting requirements and the call for papers, see http://www.costumesocietyamerica.com/RegionV/event_workshop_sym.htm

    The theme is "From the Street to the Catwalk, Cultural Influences on Contemporary Fashion."

    Attached is the Call for Papers. The Western Region Symposium offers an opportunity for established Members and potential New Members to present juried Oral Research Papers or Research-in Progress Reports on unpublished research, new creations and/or practical experience.

    NOTE:  This information will also be available on the Region V area of our CSA National website.

    http://www. costumesocietyamerica.com/ RegionV/event_workshop_sym.htm

    If you are an instructor, please consider passing this information along to your students as well. Students papers are especially welcome.

    Deadlines:

    Your proposal abstract and email must be received by June 13, 2014.

    Candidates will be informed of their status by July 15, 2014.

    Your acceptance is required in writing by July 29, 2014.

    We look forward to receiving your submissions!

    Best,
    Genna Reeves-DeArmond
    CSA-WR Mail Manager