2120Tomorrow is the deadline to sign up to present a Senior Collection
- Oct 28, 2013Hello Fierce Fashion Types,Please note tomorrow is the deadline to sign up for the Jurying to be presented as a Senior Collection in our Fashion Show this May. Please sign up as early in the day as you can. The link to sign up is below, let me know if you have any troubles at khitz@...BestKamille..........................................Hello CCSF Designers!Last year's fashion show was our most fabulous ever (thank you again to everyone who helped make that happen!). We can't wait to do it again, and showcase our student's talent! Here is your information for the Senior Collections in the May 2014 Fashion Show.
What: CCSF Fashion Show Senior Collections Jurying
When: Saturday, November 2nd, 3-7pm
Where: Classroom 230, Evans Campus
Deadline to sign up: Tuesday, October 29th, 2013
How to sign up: Register at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjywT67-upjBdEpyaWlsc3FnT2ZIdEhjTEp2MzNQYkE#gid=0
CCSF Students may apply to be showcased with complete Collections at the annual CCSF Fashion Show at Ruby Skye.
If our school is awarded scholarships by AAU or others, the recipients will be chosen from these Senior Designers. Note that AAU scholarships are not available to international students.
Please note that ALL aspects of the design process- illustration, patternmaking, draping, and sewing must be personally done by the applicant.
Fashion Despartment instructors will choose designers to complete their Collections and be showcased in the the Fashion Show based on their presentations. Structured mentoring will be available for the selected designers. Each applicant will have 5-10 minutes to present their work.
Collections will be judged on the following:
- Cohesiveness of Design Vision, Fabric story, and Color story
- Originality and Style
- Quality of Construction and Materials
- Ability to Complete the Work
Presentations to the Jury Must Include:
- A fabric board and mood board (color/inspiration board)
- At least 5 head to toe looks, presented through garments or sketches or both. Sketches may be on figure or flats. More are encouraged.
- A minimum of one sewn garment to demonstrate skill, original design encouraged.
All applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled at CCSF and a member of the CCSF yahoo group
- Able to attend all important dates and meetings related to the Fashion Show
- Must have satisfactorily completed by May 2013 the following courses:
FASH 15A Construction 1
FASH 15B Construction 2
FASH 22 Textiles OR FASH 57 Fabric Glossary
FASH 23 Fashion History
FASH 26 Flat Pattern 1
FASH 27 Draping
FASH 35A Illustration 1
FASH 36 Fashion Design
Help Signing up:
You may email khitz@... if you have trouble using the google doc and signing up for a time slot at the jurying. Please note that you must sign up by October 29th.