2098FW: Natalie Smith Blurbs on classes for yahoo groups

  • Kamille Hitz
    Aug 19 11:25 PM

      Dear Fashion Merchandising Students,

      I hope you all had a wonderful summer and are ready to start classes again this fall.
      I am writing because enrollments for the fall semester are low and to keep our school and our beloved Fashion Department thriving, I implore that you register for your classes now – don’t delay!
      Any classes not meeting the minimum enrollment requirements are in jeopardy of being dropped
      by the interim administration.

      I am excited to be teaching the following classes this fall:

      Fashion 28 Social Meaning of Clothing – NEW!
      Everywhere around the world, people make daily decisions about what to wear or how to dress.  This fascinating class presents a systematic approach to analyzing these daily rituals we all share.  In this class we will define dress, discuss how being dressed relates to different cultures and societies, explore the wide array of sources that inform us about dress and raise questions and assessments of different types of dress now and from the past.

      Fashion 50 Business of Modeling
      Learn an overview of the business of fashion modeling in a fun and interactive environment.  Develop confidence and professional modeling skills for runway and print.  Discover your niche and create a model composite card for CCSF’s own in-house agency, Diverse Model Management.  Industry experts as guest speakers from agents to photographers to professional models will share valuable insider information on the modeling industry.  This class is especially great for aspiring models, designers, producers, creative directors, art directors and fashion stylists.

      Fashion 54B Advanced Styling
      This class is designed to be inspiring, interactive and creative.  The advanced technical skills learned coupled with opportunities to meet and network with industry professionals will enable students to compete successfully in the marketplace.  Through projects and assignments, students will be guided in developing a professional styling portfolio.

      Won’t you please join me to learn all this and more!  There’s plenty of room and I urge you and others you know to register now.  If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email at fashprod48@....

      I hope to see you in class!

      Best regards,
      Natalie