Project SUCCESS Program Coordinator (concord / pleasant hill / martinez)

  • cwenzl@ccsf.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2008
      cwenzl@... has forwarded you this craigslist.org posting.
      Please see below for more information.

      Project SUCCESS Program Coordinator

      Reply to: dorene@...
      Date: 2008-08-04, 10:52AM

      JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
      Center for Human Development
      Project SUCCESS
      Program Coordinator � Central Contra Costa
      Background:
      The Center for Human Development is a community-based organization that offers a spectrum of services for at-risk youth, individuals, families, and communities in the Bay Area. Since 1972 we have provided wellness programs and support aimed at empowering people and promoting positive growth. Our dedicated staff and several hundred volunteers create and deliver programs and services addressing wellness, youth leadership, conflict resolution, parenting skills, and other challenges facing the community. Our volunteers work side-by-side with our staff to deliver quality programs in schools and community sites throughout Contra Costa as well as San Francisco and Alameda counties. We are known for our innovative programs and are committed to improving the quality of life in our communities.
      Project SUCCESS is an evidence-based Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) prevention program for middle and high school youth. The Program Coordinator facilitates Project SUCCESS resiliency focused AOD prevention education groups, interactive, activity-based support groups, and individual mentoring. The Program Coordinator also facilitates school-wide and parent specific AOD awareness activities and events.
      Job Description:
      The Project SUCCESS Program Coordinator assists the Program Director in the implementation of specific programs. One half-time (20 hours/week) position based at a middle school in Central Contra Costa is currently open.
      Principal Duties:
      � Recruit program participants;
      � Collaborate with school administrators, teachers and staff;
      � Implement and facilitate program activities with program participants;
      � Provide resource and referral information to program participants;
      � Maintain all data required for reporting purposes including program evaluations;
      � Attend staff and county meetings, trainings, and clinical supervision as required;
      � Conduct outreach and facilitate parent education events;
      � Work with Program Director to adapt and revise program as necessary;
      � Other duties as assigned by Program Director.
      Requirements:
      A qualified candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics related to successful performance in this position:
      � Associate degree in health, human services, or related field. Bachelor�s degree preferred. Excellent position for individuals who are MFT interns pursuing hours towards licensure. Work or volunteer experience will be considered.
      � Two to three (2-3) years experience with youth and families and experience in substance abuse prevention or related field;
      � Experience working with diverse communities;
      � Demonstrated skills in coordinating and facilitating groups with youth and parents from high-risk environments;
      � Demonstrated skills in working with youth individually, providing crisis intervention and community referrals.
      � Strong written and verbal communication skills, including basic computer skills;
      � Occasional evening and weekend work required;
      � Successful background check and clean TB test;
      � Valid California Driver�s license and reliable transportation;
      � Bilingual in Spanish an asset;
      � People of color encouraged to apply.
      Reports to:
      Program Director, Project SUCCESS
      Salary:
      $13.43 per hour. Benefits include medical, dental, three weeks of vacation, 12 holidays, and a
      retirement plan which are all pro-rated based on FTE. This is a half-time, non-exempt position, 20
      hours per week, beginning August 18, 2008.
      MFT Intern and Trainee hours are available. Group clinical supervision is provided.
      Application Process:
      Send, fax, or email cover letter and resume no later than August 11, 2008 to:
      Program Director � Project SUCCESS
      Center for Human Development
      391 Taylor Blvd, Suite 120
      Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
      E-mail: dorene@...
      __________
      CHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate as to sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, marital status, national origin including language limitations, ancestry, medical condition (cancer/genetic
      characteristics), age (40 and above), disability (mental and physical) including HIV and AIDS, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation, gender identification, or Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran status. Smoke-free environment.

      • Compensation: Please see job description
      • This is a part-time job.
      • This is at a non-profit organization.
      • This is an internship job
      • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
      • Phone calls about this job are ok.
      • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

      Original URL: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/npo/782668289.html
      this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using our
      email-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:
      http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/te/zN2Yk1iZnVnchlHQv9GavJ3ZzBXdvNmLAAQbS