Treatment Counselor (santa rosa)
Position: Treatment Counselor (Bilingual)
Status: Regular, Part-time
Hours: Up to 29 hours per week
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
CALIFORNIA HUMAN DEVELOPMENT is a private, non-profit organization providing a variety of services throughout the Northern California area. CHD is committed to implementation of an Affirmative Action Policy and the Americans with Disabilities Act in its recruitment selection and placement of all personnel. CHD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
California Human Development (CHD) has provided services in California for more than 30 years. The corporation's mission is "to create paths and opportunities for those seeking self-sufficiency, independence and dignity through education, training, housing, and other services."
CHD Outpatient Treatment provides group and individual counseling for Spanish and English speaking adult individuals affected by alcoholism and drug addiction. The program emphasizes a supportive environment and better understanding of the problems of addiction and recovery -- with addiction's effects on the individual's physical health, psychological well being, and social relationships.
UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF THE DRUG TREATMENT PROGRAM COORDINATOR, THE TREATMENT COUNSELOR WILL PERFORM THE FOLLOWING DUTIES:
1. Conduct intake/screening: evaluate, assess and document participant information.
2. Develop individualized treatment plans with clear and achievable goals.
3. Facilitate group and individual counseling sessions.
4. Keep accurate and up-to-date progress notes.
5.Attend weekly treatment team meetings and clinical reviews.
6. Make client referrals to appropriate ancillary services.
7. Maintain client caseload of approximately 30 to 40 clients.
8. Accurately record and report client attendance, participation and progress for submission to relevant referral agencies.
9. Schedule client appointments, staff meetings, training and all activities as related to Counselor I (RAS Intern) position on personal calendar accessible by all staff members.
10. Other duties as assigned.
THE TREATMENT COUNSELOR MUST MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Be bilingual in both English and Spanish.
2. Have a High School Diploma or GED.
3. Have a valid CA Driver's license and proof of auto insurance.
4. Have a satisfactory driving record, as evidenced by the DMV.
5. Pass a physical exam, TB test, and background check.
6. Possess a license or certification as specified in section 13005 (a) (2), as an AOD counselor by one of the state of California approved certifying organizations. Certification or registration must occur within six months of employment.
7. Have three years experience in a mental health or substance abuse setting.
8. Possess knowledge of the "12 Step" program and a clear understanding of the cycle of addiction and recovery.
The Ideal Candidate:
1. Has experience working for or with a non-profit.
2. Has Experience in Sociology, Psychology and/or Criminal Justice particularly as they relate to behavior patterns, cultural factors, personal and social responsibilities; the wide variety of community resources available in Sonoma County; issues surrounding substance abuse and recovery; treatment of the substance user/abuser; legal terminology; criminal court procedures.
3. Has an understanding of the disease model of addiction. This includes the needs, problem attitudes and behaviors of the alcohol and drug abusing person; basic principles of individual and group behavior; socio-economic, environmental and cultural factors affecting the behavior of alcohol and drug abusing persons; along with the wide variety of community resources available in Sonoma County.
4. Represents themselves and our company professionally.
5. Is conscientious about their work.
1. Submit your resume to hr@... or fax to 707.575.4069.
2. Applications can be downloaded from our website at www.cahumandevelopment.org.
3. Please reference Job Title when submitting your application/resume
4. Cover letters may be included with your submission, but please do not include letters of reference/recommendation or other supporting documents.
- Compensation: $14.75 to $17.77 per hour
- This is a part-time job.
- This is at a non-profit organization.
Associate Director of Drug & Alcohol Studies
Health Education Department
City College of San Francisco
50 Phelan Avenue, Mailbox MU353 (Office MU301B)
San Francisco, CA 94112
24-Hour Program Information Line: 415.452.5924
Visit Our Yahoo Group:http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/ccsf-drug