Geocaching Muggles

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2005
      I have been in Bakersfield for the past week and I noticed several of
      the waypoints I previously downloaded to my unit are no longer valid.
      I did find time to do some casual caching, but to my dismay I found two
      caches that had long strips of paper in them that announces "YOUR CACHE
      HAS BEEN MUGGLED!" Both were empty, so I restocked them the best I
      could and reported the finds in my log. This is serious because these
      are not casual observed muggling - These people are using out website,
      our logs and our terms and are coming to the sites intent on stealing
      the content of the caches which included travel bugs. The only defense
      I can think of is to make them premium member caches only, then at
      least they would have to pay to see the caches to steal. Anyone have
      any suggestions. Snipers and 24 hour survelience comes to mind, but
      then you have to hide the bodies - Hey, we could make a cache out of
      them. The perfect cameo. I can see the hint now "Roll the dead guy
      over, avoid the unpinned hand gernade!"
    • Susie
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2005
        That's awful. The lack of respect in our times really saddens me. Let's hope they stay down
        south and don't come up to the Central Coast. -Coralgeo