Re: [CCGC] Re: Meetings

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2005
      Hi Sue,

      I am not in the leadership of this group, I am basically a newbie, who is working at this by myself since I don't have a Geo buddy in my area.  I am totally in the blind here, I would not know what to have, where, for how many, and have no group authority to do it under the group name.  I heard about the CITO event and standardly leave CITO containers at most caches I find (except micros).  I would be glad to help organize an event, but someone in the leadership of our group needs to be involved.  It is funny, but sad that the rep did not show.  When I went around prior to buying my Magellian Merdiean Platinum I found only one salesman who had even turned a unit on (At REI)  The rest commented on the pretty packaging.  SLOIGO

      Susie <susie@...> wrote:

      Why don't you take the lead and arrange one? I'm sure you'll find that most members will
      jump at the chance to attend any kind of geocaching special event (picnic, workshop,
      dinner get-together and chat).

      Once I set up meet-and-greet at the local West Marine store where the Garmin rep was
      going to be one evening. Geocachers showed up, but unfortunately the Garmin rep didn't!
      We were able to amuse ourselves anyway by playing with all the GPSr's and software
      packages that were in stock, basically demonstrating them all on our own (much to the
      dismay probably of the salesperson LOL).  And we had all met for dinner nearby
      beforehand, so there was lots of idea swapping and talking story all around. Point is,
      geocachers will congregate when called and have a good time no matter what.

      Cheers,
      Susie (Coralgeo)