Meetings

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005
      Hi, I just attended the BADGES meeting tonight and was wondering if
      our group has similar meetings or gatherings. I could use some
      Geocaching buddies and contacts down this way. I live in
      Hollister. SLOIGO
    • Gabrielle
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2005
        Our list owner, compass_bearing_north,  had a really nice CITO Event in the Seaside/ Marina area last April 17th.  This year the CITO date is Sat. April 16th.  Maybe he or someone from this list would be willing to create another event for this year.  I would be happy to come on down for it.

        - Chickasaw
        (who lives in Santa Cruz, but has a virtual cache in Castroville)

        "David L. Norris" <dlnorris@...> wrote:

        Hi, I just attended the BADGES meeting tonight and was wondering if
        our group has similar meetings or gatherings.  I could use some
        Geocaching buddies and contacts down this way.  I live in
        Hollister.  SLOIGO

      • Susie
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2005
          Why don't you take the lead and arrange one? I'm sure you'll find that most members will
          jump at the chance to attend any kind of geocaching special event (picnic, workshop,
          dinner get-together and chat).

          Once I set up meet-and-greet at the local West Marine store where the Garmin rep was
          going to be one evening. Geocachers showed up, but unfortunately the Garmin rep didn't!
          We were able to amuse ourselves anyway by playing with all the GPSr's and software
          packages that were in stock, basically demonstrating them all on our own (much to the
          dismay probably of the salesperson LOL). And we had all met for dinner nearby
          beforehand, so there was lots of idea swapping and talking story all around. Point is,
          geocachers will congregate when called and have a good time no matter what.

          Cheers,
          Susie (Coralgeo)

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2005
            Hi Sue,

            I am not in the leadership of this group, I am basically a newbie, who is working at this by myself since I don't have a Geo buddy in my area.  I am totally in the blind here, I would not know what to have, where, for how many, and have no group authority to do it under the group name.  I heard about the CITO event and standardly leave CITO containers at most caches I find (except micros).  I would be glad to help organize an event, but someone in the leadership of our group needs to be involved.  It is funny, but sad that the rep did not show.  When I went around prior to buying my Magellian Merdiean Platinum I found only one salesman who had even turned a unit on (At REI)  The rest commented on the pretty packaging.  SLOIGO