Re: Can you recommend any good fishing/caching spots?

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2005
      Depends on what kind of fishing you're talking about Chickasaw. What
      Monterey Bay is really known for is the salmon fishing. I'm not sure
      the season is open yet, but I'd say spending a day out on a boat
      pulling in some big lunkers would be quite a treat for the family.
      Kind of spendy getting on a boat though (at least from what I've
      heard).

      I've posted a start to my "favorites" of Monterey to help on the
      other question.

      -Touchstone

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Chickasaw" <go2garrett@s...> wrote:

      > Hello Monterey Bay County geocachers! If I were to plan on coming
      > your way for Presidents Day weekend, do you know any really good
      > spots our family could go fishing AND caching in the same trip?
      >
      > Up our way Lexington Reservoir, off of Hwy 17, has been excellent
      for
      > this. Thanks for whatever you can tell us!
      >
      > - Chickasaw of ynots4 (in Santa Cruz)
    • Gabrielle
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2005
        Thanks for the information, Touchstone.  Looks like it's gonna rain this weekend anyway
        We have our own boat but have not tried it in the ocean yet.  Going out on one of the big boats with the professional fishermen sounds like a lot of fun.  Never done that before....

        I am very interested to see what the favorite geocaches in Monterey Bay County are these days.   Thanks!

        - Chickasaw