Can you recommend any good fishing/caching spots?

  • Chickasaw
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2005
      Hello Monterey Bay County geocachers! If I were to plan on coming
      your way for Presidents Day weekend, do you know any really good
      spots our family could go fishing AND caching in the same trip?

      Up our way Lexington Reservoir, off of Hwy 17, has been excellent for
      this. Thanks for whatever you can tell us!

      - Chickasaw of ynots4 (in Santa Cruz)
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 17, 2005
        Depends on what kind of fishing you're talking about Chickasaw. What
        Monterey Bay is really known for is the salmon fishing. I'm not sure
        the season is open yet, but I'd say spending a day out on a boat
        pulling in some big lunkers would be quite a treat for the family.
        Kind of spendy getting on a boat though (at least from what I've
        heard).

        I've posted a start to my "favorites" of Monterey to help on the
        other question.

        -Touchstone

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Chickasaw" <go2garrett@s...> wrote:

        > Hello Monterey Bay County geocachers! If I were to plan on coming
        > your way for Presidents Day weekend, do you know any really good
        > spots our family could go fishing AND caching in the same trip?
        >
        > Up our way Lexington Reservoir, off of Hwy 17, has been excellent
        for
        > this. Thanks for whatever you can tell us!
        >
        > - Chickasaw of ynots4 (in Santa Cruz)
      • Gabrielle
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2005
          Thanks for the information, Touchstone.  Looks like it's gonna rain this weekend anyway
          We have our own boat but have not tried it in the ocean yet.  Going out on one of the big boats with the professional fishermen sounds like a lot of fun.  Never done that before....

          I am very interested to see what the favorite geocaches in Monterey Bay County are these days.   Thanks!

          - Chickasaw