Re: [CCGC] 366 DAYS OF GEOCACHING EVENT

  • Cathy Crosby
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2012

      Hi- Geocrozz and I are coming. What kind of factoid are you wanting? Only thing I can think of is my diverse employment history. Among other things, I've worked as an xray tech, a professional baker, a suicide prevention/crisis intervention hotline counselor, and a pastor. That might be too long so if you want something shorter let me know and I'll keep thinking. Geocrozz had a top secret clearance and was an air photo interpreter back in the day... and is now a dentist.

      On Feb 24, 2012 4:21 PM, "ca_bicycler" <ca_bicycler@...> wrote:

      There are about 30 "will attend" logs as of today.

      That means only about ten more sets of "trinkets" are available.

      "Trinkets" are pathtags - which groundspeak prefers we not mention on the geocaching website.

      There are TWO for this event. If you're curious what they look like then check out the background image on the event page.

      Also managed to get my mitts on about 10 "multi event" geocoins. These are the ones with the leap year frogs. There is an illustration on the event page. The color schemes vary by locale. The "generic" ones which I obtained feature bright green glitter frogs. I will make these available for purchase - at a loss - I paid $10 each plus S&H. You can have one for $10 - first come first serve.

      I have some other geocoins which will be the doorprizes and prizes for geo bingo.

      If you're sure you're going to attend and have an intersting factoid about yourself for geobingo then let me know. I am trying to get as much variety in the cards as I can.

      Hope to see everyone on leap day evening!

    • Wayne Bailey
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2012
        Important note for collectors of "trinkets": first forty cachers with "will attend" logs on the event cache page have priority for the "trinkets"!

        Any "trinkets" which remain unclaimed at the end of the event will be up for grabs.

        "Factoids" should be of a geocaching-related nature. Thus one's employment probably isn't a good "factoid" for geobingo. But it could be if you used a profession as a geocaching handle like "X-ray tech"