Any events planned for 2012?

  • Nakiah Burnes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 8, 2012
      I would like to go caching with someone who has done it before. So far my average is about 8% found / 92% DNF.
    • Ann Quattlebaum
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2012
        Morning Nakiah,

        The first thing I would  like to know is where do you live?  I live in Carmel and may be too far for you to travel.  There might be other catchers that would be closer to you.  Let me know.

        Roanq (Ann)

        Sent from my iPad

        On Jan 8, 2012, at 9:30 PM, "Nakiah Burnes" <nakiahburnes@...> wrote:

        I would like to go caching with someone who has done it before. So far my average is about 8% found / 92% DNF.

      • Wayne Bailey
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2012
          There is at least ONE LOCAL event planned for 2012: GC33F0G is 29FEB2012

          Event theme is 366 Days of Geocaching

          Meeting at a pizza place in Monterey for an easy weekday smiley face - for some people this is the last day needed to fil in their "Caches for Each Day of the Year" cumulative caching calendar. (See statistics tab at gecacaching website)

          I have a bunch of special pathtags for this event as well as a few custom engraved geocoins for door prizes.

          This would be a great way to meet other local cachers who might want to go out for joint operations.

          I go geocaching often. Unlike ROANQ I am not concerned with the distance. But not too many people would wish to go geocaching with me because I turn it in to more of an aerobic undertaking. ;)

          I would like to go caching with someone who has done it before. So far my average is about 8% found / 92% DNF.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              ccgca-digest@yahoogroups.com
              ccgca-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Nakiah Burnes
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
            I live in Santa Maria. I have two little ones so my range is about 30 miles. would go as far as lompoc, guadalupe or 5 cities.

            Also, I got a call out of the blue. A local boyscout leader wants someone to instruct his boys in geo caching so they can earn a badge for it. Any takers?
          • Wayne Bailey
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 12, 2012
              I see a "power line" which I haven't done around the north end of Vandenburg Village - might be an interesting place to take the scouts.

              If I were involved it would have to be on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday...