Re: Pirate Cache on its way

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2005
      Partay, party, or whatever. Sure! I'm always up for local Events.

      Only problem with the buried treasure (besides making it difficult to
      find without a metal detector) is it would have to be far enough up
      on the dunes that the waves wouldn't uncover or wash it out to sea.
      Guess it would be a hydrocache then :D

      We do have some very high dunes down our way (Marina Beach/Ft. Ord)
      that would be suitably tall for an idea like this.

      You're kind of reading my mind on this one RT. I was trying to come
      up with some ideas for a Treasure Island theme cache for Point
      Lobos. Much of the inspiration for the book supposedly was taken
      from the rugged landscape of the Point. It would be kind of nice to
      celebrate a local celebrity with a cache along those lines.