Pirate Cache on its way

  • redtroll2
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2005
      Ahoy!
      I'm making a Pirate themed cache
      I found an old LEGO container in my closet and I'll paint it brown,
      fill it with treasure and bury it in the beach.

      On terms of beach, surf's up! anyone want a beach partay?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2005
        Partay, party, or whatever. Sure! I'm always up for local Events.

        Only problem with the buried treasure (besides making it difficult to
        find without a metal detector) is it would have to be far enough up
        on the dunes that the waves wouldn't uncover or wash it out to sea.
        Guess it would be a hydrocache then :D

        We do have some very high dunes down our way (Marina Beach/Ft. Ord)
        that would be suitably tall for an idea like this.

        You're kind of reading my mind on this one RT. I was trying to come
        up with some ideas for a Treasure Island theme cache for Point
        Lobos. Much of the inspiration for the book supposedly was taken
        from the rugged landscape of the Point. It would be kind of nice to
        celebrate a local celebrity with a cache along those lines.