Re: NIGHT CACHING 12NOV2010

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
      Done.

      Ticks may be a problem near the cache in Marina. Precautions include long pants tucked into socks, shirt tucked in, (thwarts instinct to go upward on the host), mosquito repellant applied around neckline and sleeves, etc. Remove and wash then hot dry all clothing after the hike. This will kill any undetected hitchhikers before they transfer to pets or children. Not to scare anyone off - modest precautions will prevent bites.

      Also be advised that indigent persons camp near the Monterey cache.

      I am assuming a group effort on any of these caches raises probability of success and is safer than solo efforts.

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
        Timing is flexible. It is dark by 1830. So any time after that. I hope to score one smiley face and sign a log before midnight - thus extending my "streak" by one more day.

        Also feel free to contact anyone else who might be interested but who has not subscribed to this list!

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Stacey" <Wavesprite@...> wrote:

        > Mark might be interested, especially the one in Carmel. We've been out of the loop, but need to get back in it!
        >
        > Do you know what time you are thinking of going, and what are the GC numbers for the cache?
        >
        > What
        >
        > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "ca_bicycler" <ca_bicycler@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Anyone wishing to make a joint effort on one or more of the local night caches - Night Hike in the Haunted Forest, The one in the Half-life series, and/or the New night cache in Carmel - kindly respond to this email before dark.

      • Stacey Teague
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
          Mark is definitely interested!

          Stacey

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
            In case anyone was wondering, ca(lifornia)_bicycler is rainbow_guyz on geocaching.com

            The Giants themed cache across the road from the start of the Haunted Mansion cache is designed to be found night or day - anyone who hasn't done that one may want to add it to their list.

            --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "ca_bicycler" <ca_bicycler@...> wrote:

            > GC2036H A Night Hike In The Haunted Forest
            > GC1HQD0 Half Life Series: Ununtrium
            > GC2H578 ~Flanders Haunted Mansion @ Night~
            >
            > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "ca_bicycler" <ca_bicycler@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Anyone wishing to make a joint effort on one or more of the local night caches - Night Hike in the Haunted Forest, The one in the Half-life series, and/or the New night cache in Carmel - kindly respond to this email before dark.

          • Shawn and Rachele Enokawa
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
              Hi all!

              I've done all the night caches and would recommend doing Flanders Haunted Mansion first, Half-life:Ununtrium second, and Haunted Forest last. I could come along if you wish for help in keeping everyone on the right path. I'll keep following the posts.

              Happy caching~

              Rachele
              da_ewoks

              Sent: Friday, November 12, 2010 12:06 PM
              Subject: [CCGC] Re: NIGHT CACHING 12NOV2010 DETAILS

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
                Mark is up for it. He might just go to Flanders (since we live in Carmel) but I bet he'll be up for all three. Let me know what time and where to meet and he (or both of us) will be there.

                Stacey
                aka Wavesprite
                AKA Team Teague