NIGHT CACHING 12NOV2010

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
      Anyone wishing to make a joint effort on one or more of the local night caches - Night Hike in the Haunted Forest, The one in the Half-life series, and/or the New night cache in Carmel - kindly respond to this email before dark.
    • Susan A Cochran
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
        Can you give the GC code number or the complete cache name for these three? It might be helpful for those trying to decide if they want to make the attempt or not. Thanks!
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
          GC2036H A Night Hike In The Haunted Forest
          GC1HQD0 Half Life Series: Ununtrium
          GC2H578 ~Flanders Haunted Mansion @ Night~

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "ca_bicycler" <ca_bicycler@...> wrote:

          > Anyone wishing to make a joint effort on one or more of the local night caches - Night Hike in the Haunted Forest, The one in the Half-life series, and/or the New night cache in Carmel - kindly respond to this email before dark.

        • Stacey
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
            Mark might be interested, especially the one in Carmel. We've been out of the loop, but need to get back in it!

            Do you know what time you are thinking of going, and what are the GC numbers for the cache?

            What

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
              Done.

              Ticks may be a problem near the cache in Marina. Precautions include long pants tucked into socks, shirt tucked in, (thwarts instinct to go upward on the host), mosquito repellant applied around neckline and sleeves, etc. Remove and wash then hot dry all clothing after the hike. This will kill any undetected hitchhikers before they transfer to pets or children. Not to scare anyone off - modest precautions will prevent bites.

              Also be advised that indigent persons camp near the Monterey cache.

              I am assuming a group effort on any of these caches raises probability of success and is safer than solo efforts.

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
                Timing is flexible. It is dark by 1830. So any time after that. I hope to score one smiley face and sign a log before midnight - thus extending my "streak" by one more day.

                Also feel free to contact anyone else who might be interested but who has not subscribed to this list!

                --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Stacey" <Wavesprite@...> wrote:

                > Mark might be interested, especially the one in Carmel. We've been out of the loop, but need to get back in it!
                >
                > Do you know what time you are thinking of going, and what are the GC numbers for the cache?
                >
                > What
                >
                > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "ca_bicycler" <ca_bicycler@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Anyone wishing to make a joint effort on one or more of the local night caches - Night Hike in the Haunted Forest, The one in the Half-life series, and/or the New night cache in Carmel - kindly respond to this email before dark.

              • Stacey Teague
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
                  Mark is definitely interested!

                  Stacey

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
                    In case anyone was wondering, ca(lifornia)_bicycler is rainbow_guyz on geocaching.com

                    The Giants themed cache across the road from the start of the Haunted Mansion cache is designed to be found night or day - anyone who hasn't done that one may want to add it to their list.

                    --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "ca_bicycler" <ca_bicycler@...> wrote:

                    > GC2036H A Night Hike In The Haunted Forest
                    > GC1HQD0 Half Life Series: Ununtrium
                    > GC2H578 ~Flanders Haunted Mansion @ Night~
                    >
                    > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "ca_bicycler" <ca_bicycler@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Anyone wishing to make a joint effort on one or more of the local night caches - Night Hike in the Haunted Forest, The one in the Half-life series, and/or the New night cache in Carmel - kindly respond to this email before dark.

                  • Shawn and Rachele Enokawa
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
                      Hi all!

                      I've done all the night caches and would recommend doing Flanders Haunted Mansion first, Half-life:Ununtrium second, and Haunted Forest last. I could come along if you wish for help in keeping everyone on the right path. I'll keep following the posts.

                      Happy caching~

                      Rachele
                      da_ewoks

                      Sent: Friday, November 12, 2010 12:06 PM
                      Subject: [CCGC] Re: NIGHT CACHING 12NOV2010 DETAILS

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 12, 2010
                        Mark is up for it. He might just go to Flanders (since we live in Carmel) but I bet he'll be up for all three. Let me know what time and where to meet and he (or both of us) will be there.

                        Stacey
                        aka Wavesprite
                        AKA Team Teague