saluations

  • ramayadub
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 27, 2010
      greetings! my name is ramona and i am one of four that makes up team schnookies. we've just moved back to monterey from north carolina and we're up and running in the area! we're actually back to our roots...it was in monterey, oh so many years ago, that we discovered and took up geocaching. looking forward to many more to come! and i am particularly interested in finding someone who can introduce me to "whereigo" i apparently don't have a proper device but i'd LOVE to hang with someone and find some of those!

      see you around!

      ramona
    • Kimberly Block
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 27, 2010
        Welcome back to the area, Ramona!

        I recently bought a new device (Oregon) so I could check out Whereigo's...unfortunately, I haven't been able to use it yet. Are you willing to learn it together? I know there's at least one Whereigo in Monterey...I'll go ahead and download the cartridge this weekend.

        I work in Monterey so could easily do a whereigo after work, or weekends.

        TravelingMimi

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 27, 2010
          Welcome back Ramona!

          I should point out that in order to play Wherigo Cartridges, you are no longer necessarily bound by the wrist and ankles to Garmin. There are now both Android and iPhone versions of the Player available.

          WhereYouGo for Android:

          http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/menion.android.whereyougo/WhereYouGo

          PiGo for iPhone:

          http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pigo/id385035547?mt=8

          I tested the iPhone app on the Geobot Cartridge at Laguna Grande Park, and it worked without a problem. I haven't had a chance to test it on Sea of Cortez down on Cannery Row yet, but I suspect it would probably work fine.

          Good luck!
          Mike
          aka Touchstone
        • Wayne Bailey
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 28, 2010
            I've logged all of them in the area except Sea of Cortez. That one is on the agenda for Saturday morning - weather permitting.

            Also I have multiple wherigo-enabled devices - so it could be more hands on for you (or others who might wish to tag along).

            greetings!  my name is ramona and i am one of four that makes up team schnookies.  we've just moved back to monterey from north carolina and we're up and running in the area!  we're actually back to our roots...it was in monterey, oh so many years ago, that we discovered and took up geocaching.  looking forward to many more to come!  and i am particularly interested in finding someone who can introduce me to "whereigo"  i apparently don't have a proper device but i'd LOVE to hang with someone and find some of those!

            see you around!

            ramona

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                ccgca-digest@yahoogroups.com
                ccgca-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • ramayadub
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 17, 2011
              are you still up for any whereigos? i'm game! and i've got from tomorrow to next weekend off!

              ramona