TORO COOPERATIVE CACHE MAINTENANCE - RESULTS

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2010
      (previous find #1)
      GC1978T - Toro View Hills #16
      Okay

      (previous find #2)
      GC19FYJ - "P" Is For Paraguay
      Was carrying a replacement container full of fresh swag courtesy of ROANQ. Found someone had already replaced the container.

      (previous find #3)
      GC19G7R – East Toyon Swamp
      Appeared all newly replaced

      (previous find #4)
      GC19KQH – Black Mountain Shoelaces
      Excellent condition added several items courtesy of ROANQ

      (previous find #5)
      GCF79F – Marks Canyon Ramble
      Cache in good condition - watch for ticks here. Removed one unwanted hitchhiker from trouser leg then four more within the next hundred yards.

      (mine)
      GC1B7KM - Paz Amor ye Felizidad
      Found it uncovered – rehid as I originally placed.

      (previous find #6)
      GC1D3T7 - Mike Ferguson to the Rescue! "Shoelaces" Edition
      One "ear" missing from lid – otherwise okay

      (mine)
      GC1B8BQ - Pace Amore e Felicità
      No "Peace, Love & Happiness" pathtag – so put one in

      (previous find #7)
      GC1A7J2 – Black Mountain Cache
      Replaced with container and contents provided by cache owner

      (previous find #8)
      GC1A8G9 - Jack of the Hill - Toro Park Version
      Okay

      Mine
      GC1D680 - Mir Lubov Schastye
      No "Peace, Love & Happiness" pathtag – so put one in
      Had no pen/pencil so scavenged pen from old black mountain cache

      (previous find #9)
      GC1AR0M – The Joker
      Old day planner out - swag upgrades in

      (previous find #10)
      GC1A8C8 - The King's Jester
      Okay

      (previous find #11)
      GC19WD0 – Saddle Up!
      Protected by generous layer of squirrel poop pellets – otherwise no camouflage. Tried adding some sticks but they were precariously perched and may have fallen as soon as I turned my back.

      (previous find #12)
      GC19WDJ – Rocky Roll
      Good

      (previous find #13)
      GC19WEG – Airplane or Saddle?
      A little empty, otherwise fine

      (previous find #14)
      GC19WG9 – Airplane Trail
      Cache is just fine

      (previous find #15)
      GC1BW05 – Red Tail Trail Cache
      Found uncovered
      Found hairline fractures in lid
      Found Water intrusion
      Removed all items other than small re-sealable bag with the cache log
      Placed entire container in re-sealable bag as temporary measure

      (previous find #16)
      GC1BYW0 - Here's to Friendship – Relocated
      Clearly visible as I approached
      Noted lots of accidental finds in the log book - added some material to hide better. Left items from extra replacement kit - courtesy of ROANQ

      (previous find #17)
      GC3FAA - Monterey Get-Together Picnic
      Paint faded but still dry inside

      (previous find #18)
      GC19GED – Gilson Gap Gate
      Damp inside
      Hidden at base of tree – suspect cache "migration" – it is supposed to be hanging around in the vicinity and that is how I recall finding it when I first found it.