Re: where to by containers

    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2010
      Ditto what Mary said. Containers I usually go to CVC or Target, or sometimes I just stumble across something interesting when I'm out and about (Orchard Supply had some beautiful stainless steel canisters on sale once).

      Film canisters make great CITO trade items (stuff a plastic garbage bag inside), but relatively poor cache containers unless you find some hiding place that protects them from the elements.

      Stickers and such I usually buy from the Groundspeak store:

      http://shop.groundspeak.com/productList.cfm?categoryID=18

      Good luck and thanks for putting a few out for the rest of us.

      Mike
      aka Touchstone
    • Dave Hiatt
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2010
        Ok, so in what section would I find lock and lock boxes, in Target or Walmart?

        To: ccgca@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 2010
          They are usually in housewares, being considered a food storage item. Both stores have employees who would be happy to walk you to them.

          Happy container making!

        • roanq76@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 6, 2010
            OK, I am going to chime in here re the cache containers.  I usually buy my lock and lock containers at the Dollar Store in Salinas.  Everything is a buck and they have all sorts of cheap containers.  Be sure to get those that are waterproof and just to be on the safe side, put your log in a little plastic bag inside the container.

            The Dollar Store is located on East Laurel street - easy to find - and it is next to a CVS Pharmacy.

            Good luck,
            Roanq