Re: [CCGC] Re: Hello from Monterey Bay

  • Gally Lines
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2010
      Hello!

      I'm not sure if we met.  I was the one Asian girl with a black jacket and blue backpack :3

      Melodic death metal is basically comprised of Gothenburg metal from Sweden and really any metal band with a strong emphases on melody and/or keyboards of simple thrashing.

      I like mostly European metal, such as Dark Tranquillity, Blind Guardian, Amon Amarth, Eluveitie, etc.  The only American bands I like are Nevermore and Dream Theater, who have recently released new albums.

      -- Gally

      On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 11:25 PM, deltahotel <edgenavy@...> wrote:

      Gally,

      Deltahotel from the 10 years event. Not sure if I met you or not. What exactly is "melodic death metal?" Sounds intriguing. I like metal as well. A guy at work made me a CD of something he called "doom metal." I like it.

      dh

    • Gally Lines
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2010
        Sorry, made a typo:
        "... with a strong emphases on melody and/or keyboards *INSTEAD OF*
        simple thrashing."

        On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Gally Lines <lestismitethee@...> wrote:
        > Hello!
        > I'm not sure if we met.  I was the one Asian girl with a black jacket and
        > blue backpack :3
        > Melodic death metal is basically comprised of Gothenburg metal from Sweden
        > and really any metal band with a strong emphases on melody and/or keyboards
        > of simple thrashing.
        > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothenburg_metal
        > I like mostly European metal, such as Dark Tranquillity, Blind Guardian,
        > Amon Amarth, Eluveitie, etc.  The only American bands I like are Nevermore
        > and Dream Theater, who have recently released new albums.
        > -- Gally
      • deltahotel
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2010
          Dream Theater is a most excellent band. We called that progressive metal. If you like them, you may like Queensryche.

          Anyway, I remember seeing you there. Nice to meet you.

          Deltahotel (Dave)