Re: Hello from Monterey Bay

  • deltahotel
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2010
      Gally,

      Deltahotel from the 10 years event. Not sure if I met you or not. What exactly is "melodic death metal?" Sounds intriguing. I like metal as well. A guy at work made me a CD of something he called "doom metal." I like it.

      dh

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "lestismitethee" <lestismitethee@...> wrote:

      > Hi, fellow Geocachers!
      >
      > Just want to introduce myself and get to know you all. My name's Gally and I'm new to this group, Monterey Bay, and to Geocaching. I hope to meet some of you at the "10 Years!" event this Sunday. Can't wait!
      >
      > My other hobbies include books, writing, video games, listening to trance and melodic death metal, cooking, and photography. I just posted pictures of Point Lobos on my blog if anyone would like to check it out :3 http://lestismitethee.wordpress.com/
      >
      > Thanks for having me!
      >
      > -- Gally

    • Gally Lines
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2010
        Hello!

        I'm not sure if we met.  I was the one Asian girl with a black jacket and blue backpack :3

        Melodic death metal is basically comprised of Gothenburg metal from Sweden and really any metal band with a strong emphases on melody and/or keyboards of simple thrashing.

        I like mostly European metal, such as Dark Tranquillity, Blind Guardian, Amon Amarth, Eluveitie, etc.  The only American bands I like are Nevermore and Dream Theater, who have recently released new albums.

        -- Gally

        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2010
          Sorry, made a typo:
          "... with a strong emphases on melody and/or keyboards *INSTEAD OF*
          simple thrashing."

          On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Gally Lines <lestismitethee@...> wrote:
          > Hello!
          > I'm not sure if we met.  I was the one Asian girl with a black jacket and
          > blue backpack :3
          > Melodic death metal is basically comprised of Gothenburg metal from Sweden
          > and really any metal band with a strong emphases on melody and/or keyboards
          > of simple thrashing.
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothenburg_metal
          > I like mostly European metal, such as Dark Tranquillity, Blind Guardian,
          > Amon Amarth, Eluveitie, etc.  The only American bands I like are Nevermore
          > and Dream Theater, who have recently released new albums.
          > -- Gally
        • deltahotel
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2010
            Dream Theater is a most excellent band. We called that progressive metal. If you like them, you may like Queensryche.

            Anyway, I remember seeing you there. Nice to meet you.

            Deltahotel (Dave)