Hello from Monterey Bay

  • lestismitethee
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010
      Hi, fellow Geocachers!

      Just want to introduce myself and get to know you all. My name's Gally and I'm new to this group, Monterey Bay, and to Geocaching. I hope to meet some of you at the "10 Years!" event this Sunday. Can't wait!

      My other hobbies include books, writing, video games, listening to trance and melodic death metal, cooking, and photography. I just posted pictures of Point Lobos on my blog if anyone would like to check it out :3 http://lestismitethee.wordpress.com/

      Thanks for having me!

      -- Gally
    • deltahotel
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2010
        Gally,

        Deltahotel from the 10 years event. Not sure if I met you or not. What exactly is "melodic death metal?" Sounds intriguing. I like metal as well. A guy at work made me a CD of something he called "doom metal." I like it.

        dh

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "lestismitethee" <lestismitethee@...> wrote:

        > Hi, fellow Geocachers!
        >
        > Just want to introduce myself and get to know you all. My name's Gally and I'm new to this group, Monterey Bay, and to Geocaching. I hope to meet some of you at the "10 Years!" event this Sunday. Can't wait!
        >
        > My other hobbies include books, writing, video games, listening to trance and melodic death metal, cooking, and photography. I just posted pictures of Point Lobos on my blog if anyone would like to check it out :3 http://lestismitethee.wordpress.com/
        >
        > Thanks for having me!
        >
        > -- Gally

      • Gally Lines
        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2010
          Hello!

          I'm not sure if we met.  I was the one Asian girl with a black jacket and blue backpack :3

          Melodic death metal is basically comprised of Gothenburg metal from Sweden and really any metal band with a strong emphases on melody and/or keyboards of simple thrashing.

          I like mostly European metal, such as Dark Tranquillity, Blind Guardian, Amon Amarth, Eluveitie, etc.  The only American bands I like are Nevermore and Dream Theater, who have recently released new albums.

          -- Gally

          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2010
            Sorry, made a typo:
            "... with a strong emphases on melody and/or keyboards *INSTEAD OF*
            simple thrashing."

            On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Gally Lines <lestismitethee@...> wrote:
            > Hello!
            > I'm not sure if we met.  I was the one Asian girl with a black jacket and
            > blue backpack :3
            > Melodic death metal is basically comprised of Gothenburg metal from Sweden
            > and really any metal band with a strong emphases on melody and/or keyboards
            > of simple thrashing.
            > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothenburg_metal
            > I like mostly European metal, such as Dark Tranquillity, Blind Guardian,
            > Amon Amarth, Eluveitie, etc.  The only American bands I like are Nevermore
            > and Dream Theater, who have recently released new albums.
            > -- Gally
          • deltahotel
            Message 5 of 5 , May 5, 2010
              Dream Theater is a most excellent band. We called that progressive metal. If you like them, you may like Queensryche.

              Anyway, I remember seeing you there. Nice to meet you.

              Deltahotel (Dave)