KEEP ALIVE MESSAGE

  • roanq76@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2009
      Hi All,

      Some of you may or may not know but I have been appointed to the F.O.R.A. (Fort Ord Reuse Authority) board and attend monthly meeting and represent the Geocaching Community on the Monterey Peninsula.  How I got this position or why, is still unknown.  But I am right in line to let all know when certain areas of the old Fort Ord will be open to the public in all capacities.

      If any one is interested in knowing anything OR any questions I can ask the Board, please let me know and I will see if I can get questions answered.  Actually, it IS quite an interesting group and we represent various users of Fort Ord - equestians, bicycles, hikers, runners and now the Geocachers.

      Note:  Part of Intergarrison Road has been closed due to dumping.  The group does get together on certain days and helps to clean up the mess.  This has become a hot subject so if you see anything or hear anything, let me know.  A licence plate would be the best.  Do not contact those involved in this activity.  Be safe.

      Roanq (Ann)

      PS.  You can contact me through ccgca@yahoogroups.com

    • Marky
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 21, 2009
        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, roanq76@... wrote:
        > The group does get together on certain days and helps to clean up the mess.

        If you need extra help with clean up, you could always arrange a CITO event. I'm sure you'd get lots of eager geocachers to help you guys out, and it would be good "press" for us geocachers.

        --Marky
      • pippinspaw
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 23, 2009
          Hi RoanQ,

          Thanks for the update, and effort with Ft Ord. The Public Lands day cleanup effort was great, and if we wanted another CITO event out there (ElJim's was the last I heard about), I'd be interested.

          Am friends with some of the mountain biker groups, who are also actively helping with trail maintenance, etc. if we wanted to coordinate a larger group.

          Pippinspaw

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 23, 2009
            Excellent Pippinspaw.......

            .....I will keep everyone informed via this web site.  All will be quiet over the holidays but come the New Year, things will pick up again.  Thanks very much for you to volunteer.

            Roanq (Ann)