Re: [CCGC] Re: Name your closest to home caches and did you hide any?

  • Sergeant Stitches
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 23, 2004
      Re: [CCGC] Re: Name your closest to home caches and did you hide any? OK, for those of you who asked ..... attached is a photo of the Buck knife FTF prize from Pinogop.  The best part is, I had one just like this in High School, but lost it when I went off to college....  so it's kind of like finding a part of my own history.... (Alright, enough sentimentalism for now.)

      -Lance

      From: Gabrielle Garrett <go2garrett@...>
      Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:39:18 -0800 (PST)
      To: ccgca@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CCGC] Re: Name your closest to home caches and did you hide any?

      Yeah, I want a Cruz Commando picture of that buck knife too!

      Touchstone, you got me on Chasing Amy.  I'm not giving away the actual cache destination.  That is Blockbuster's coordinates which is closest to my home.

      Gotta do a "field trip" to your area for caching soon.  The only Touchstone Cache I have found so far is "Elkhorn Slough" virtual last Mother's Day. That was a great family outting for us.

      Happy Holiday Trails!
      Chickasaw

      touchstone12002 <msmelser@...> wrote:

      OK, here's mine.  Boy, kind of depressing now that I think about it.
      Looks like I live out in the desert or something ;)

      1.2mi   Another ammo box, with a view! by Jim and Jeanette
      1.4mi   Spooner's West - "Spoons and PEZ Galore" by Just a short Walk
      1.7mi   Manza MUD by lsdsquirrels (GCK285)
      1.8mi   Joe Manzanita by Touchstone (GCHD2E)
      3.4mi   Little and Red by The Plunketts (GCG451)

      Now I have to ask Chikasaw: are those the posted coords for Chasing
      Amy, or did you actually sit through that movie and figure out the
      real ones?

      I had to laugh at the Sarge's first two closest NF's.  Both IC
      caches.  I usually find his one star difficulty caches are equal to
      my three stars.  I have such a notoriously bad record of finding his
      caches that I'm almost afraid to go out and find them anymore :D

      And another thing: Are we going to get a pic of that 30 year old Buck
      knife FTF Prize that the Cruz Cammando Jr Squad found today or are we
      going to have to wait for the next Event Cache?

      Merry Caching Christmas to All,
      Touchstone

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "Gabrielle" <go2garrett@s...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone:
      >
      > This isn't a poll, but something fun to know about each other.  I
      > think all of us bring up our "closest to home" cache list alot and
      > see pretty much the same thing at the top of the list each time.
      > Since all of our lists are different, I thought it would be great
      fun
      > to see what we come up with.  I will start:
      >
      > Home Coordinates: in Scotts Valley, CA
      >
      > Closest to home caches:
      >    .5 mi - Chasing Amy by Kealia
      >    .5 mi - Linear Park by Kealia
      >    .7 mi - Camp Evers Fish Park by Kealia
      >    .9 mi - Sky Park Micro View by ynots4   * mine!*
      >

      > You next ;-)
      >
      > Chickasaw (of ynots4)

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Get unlimited calls to

      U.S./Canada  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12909cbab/M=324658.5816620.6854924.3001176/D=groups/S=1705065786:HM/EXP=1103870421/A=2343726/R=1/SIG=12iehilvl/*http://clk.atdmt.com/VON/go/yhxxxvon01900091von/direct/01/&time=1103784021130132>

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Rick Lagerstrom
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 24, 2004
        Howdy,

        This is a kewl idea.  Now, if I can figure out where I am, then I can list the caches that are close.  Then, I can go out and find them.  Sounds like fun!  So here are eight that are close to home that I haven�t yet gone out to find.  There isn�t any reason I haven�t found them yet other than I just haven�t gone after them.  I am sure we�ll find them soon.

        1.3 miles:
        Deaf, Dumb, and Blind Kid by Touchstone (GCH0YP)
        1.5 miles:
        Daley Planet by Touchstone (GCHJC4)
        1.8 miles:
        Abracadabra by Touchstone (GCH2D1)
        2.0 miles:
        X Marks the Spot by AquaDyne (GC4236)
        2.9 miles:
        Pole Position (Notaries) by GeoROCKS! (GCKW7Q)
        2.9 miles:
        Spiders by the Dozen Three (Part 1) by SpiderTracks (GCA814)
        2.9 miles:
        Spiders by the Dozen Three (Part 2) by SpiderTracks (GCA817)
        3.3 miles:
        Mail Call of the Wild by AltDotAir (GCB268)

        For those that I have hidden that are close to home, my little list follows.  Most are well visited.  I have to double check WestLog Penney Cache as it has not been visited for a couple of months or so.

        1.2 miles:
        Bullwinkle's Nest by westlog (GCJCYA)
        4.1 miles:
        Griffin's Lair by westlog (GCJYH9)
        5.2 miles:
        WestLog Penney Cache by westlog (GCK026)
        6.3 miles:
        Garrison View by westlog (GCJCY4)

        And with that, Merry Christmas to all.  I hope you get all the good stuff (toys) you want from Santa.

        73 de WestLog  Rick  ;-)

        Yahoo! Groups Links
                 Yahoo! Groups Links

        73 es Take good care,  Rick  KN6FR
        Adjunct Professor, Golden Gate University
        President, ECTAR, Inc.; Executive Director, CARTOG
        Director, Training & Operations, NPSARC
        rick@...   kn6fr@...    kn6fr@...
        Get Radio Active!!   ;-)

      • Stephanie Cottrell Bryant
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 31, 2005
          Ones closest to my house that I haven't found:

          Chasing Amy (never going to do this one-- I hate that movie)
          Sky Park Micro View (I tried on Saturday, but didn't find it)

          I think ynots4 must live just down the street from me.

          --mortaine
        • Gabrielle

              Message 6 of 16 , Feb 1, 2005
                Nah, I'm in Scotts Valley (so are the 2 caches I listed). My husband
                goes up to Hollister to go 4-wheeling pretty regularly, but I don't
                know if I've ever even been.

                --Stephanie

                --
                Stephanie Bryant
                mortaine@...
                Message 7 of 16 , Feb 1, 2005
                  I can't even think of who I could ask for that. My aversion to it has
                  something to do with something I supposedly did while drunk, which I
                  do not remember, but which my friends have found not-so-subtle ways to
                  tease me about.

                  So, I think not.

                  But someone should do a Scotts Valley cache centered around the cool
                  movies at locally-owned DVD To Go, in my opinion. Much better
                  selection of the indie films, and their prices are very competitive.

                  --Stephanie

                  On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 20:06:15 -0800 (PST), Gabrielle
                  <go2garrett@...> wrote:

                  > Maybe we do, maybe we don't. But we are in Scotts Valley. The Chasing Amy
                  > cache is a nice hike that our family enjoyed, btw. Maybe you can get
                  > someone else to watch the movie and collect the answers for you!
                  >
                  > - Chickasaw (of ynots4)
                  >
                  > Stephanie Cottrell Bryant <mortaine@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > Ones closest to my house that I haven't found:
                  >
                  > Chasing Amy (never going to do this one-- I hate that movie)
                  > Sky Park Micro View (I tried on Saturday, but didn't find it)
                  >
                  > I think ynots4 must live just down the street from me.
                  >
                  > --mortaine

                  Stephanie Bryant
                  mortaine@...
                  http://www.mortaine.com
                • jesus_hiding_place
                  Message 8 of 16 , Feb 1, 2005
                    Home coordinates: in Marina, CA

                    Closest to home caches:
                    .2 mi - Close to Home by jesus_hiding_place *mine!*
                    .5 mi - Johnny Cache by Biggeeks
                    .6 mi - K - CACHE by C&MMorris
                    .8 mi - Central Coast Seedbank (RELOADED! 8/15) by biggeeks

                    JHP
                    Psalm 32:7