The dr's offensive email

  • blocko1000
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3 11:19 AM
      Did the drofrockology send his email through the yahoo group site? If so, is there any type of filter process yahoo offers to prevent that type of attachment? That email attachment was completely innappropriate for any geocaching site or group. Thanks for any answers in advance.
    • Webpro
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3 11:24 AM
        I didn't find it inappropriate or offensive.

        --
        "Despite the high cost of living, it still remains popular!"
      • kyle jondle
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3 12:03 PM
          Pics of topless women attached to an email from the group isn't innappropriate?  I don't expect that kind of attachment to come from a geocaching group especially when I open it expecting to see something caching related and with my daughter with me.  Different standards I guess.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3 7:46 PM
            For the record, the good Dr. contacted me the following day, asking in a quite contrite fashion, what his offense was. I explained the .jpg image and the generally held belief that we follow the same rules of posting on the group that would be expected on our bigger brethren, the GBA and GC.com.

            The Dr. was quite shocked that the picture was posted, and seemed to imply that it was intended as a private email for a friend.

            I accept that explanation and consider the matter closed. I've met Monty at a couple of Events and have known him to be quite honest in his dealings and an ardent supporter of Geocaching in general. I have no reason to doubt his explanation. He has since moved back to Nevada and did not ask to be reinstated to the group.

            To answer the question though....I don't believe there is a way to filter images on the group, just as there is probably no way to filter out images on the GBA or GC.com. It normally takes some human intervention to delete such posts, just as it would take some judgment to determine if a post was offensive or not (although there is some filtering capabilities on the Forums for the "George Carlin" like, 7 dirty words). I believe the spam type postings get sent only to the Officers of the group, which are generally not from members of the group, but come from some outside source.

            Just an FYI, but we have three officers I believe, who include myself, Coralgeo and Gabrielle.

            The originator of this group, was a High School student (soon off to college I imagine), who has since moved on to other interests :Red Troll (aka Compass Bearing North). He even has a few active caches out there :)

            -Mike (aka Touchstone)