Re: GEOWOODSTOCK

    Message 1 of 8 , May 22, 2008
      We'll be heading out late tommorrow, so it is unlikely we'll make the
      Meet and Greet Event.

      Saturday I'll be volunteering part of the time at the Wherigo Demo
      table, so feel free to stop by and say Hi.

      Sunday we were thinking of doing part of the American River Bike
      trail. Probably starting in Historic Folsom, riding until we get
      pooped, and taking the bike friendly Transit back to Folsom.

      Monday is up in the Coloma area, then heading back home.

      See ya all there,
      Touchstone

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Talmadge Bailey <ca_bicycler@...> wrote:

      > I am not aware of having met you. I was addressing the Central
      Coast Geocachers group - not you as an individual.

      > I've had very little contact with other geocachers. I crossed
      paths with fox51 and jmunch one day. RoanQ on another. There was one
      day when I joined a "death march" through The Forest of Nisene Marks.
      If you weren't part of that then I haven't met you - at least not in
      a geo-caching context.

      > But I believe a little cooperative geocaching would be fun. I am
      running out of geocaches within bicycle range. I could drive - but
      that seems wasteful to transport just one person seeking smiley
      faces. It think it would be great to meet some other strong hikers
      who wanted to go on joint ventures. Might be more successful on some
      of those cursed micros like the one at the top of the hill in
      Gardland Ranch too. One set of eyes is just not sufficient for some
      of those.

      > So once again - anyone interested in joint ventures at
      geowoodstock - let's exchange contact info before hitting the road.

      > So far I know only that I should be able to locate wavesprite at
      a particular booth on Saturday afternoon.

      > Sandy Country <sandpointidgirl@...> wrote:
      >
      > Ca bicycler,
      >
      > Have I ever met you before? If so, where?
      >
      > eileen
      >
      > Sandpointidgirl

    • Antony Wilson
      Message 2 of 8 , May 22, 2008
        We did that a few years back.  Rode about 20 miles up the trail, stopped for a pizza and beer and then took light rail back to the truck.  Good fun!

        Ant

        We'll be heading out late tommorrow, so it is unlikely we'll make the
        Meet and Greet Event.

        Saturday I'll be volunteering part of the time at the Wherigo Demo
        table, so feel free to stop by and say Hi.

        Sunday we were thinking of doing part of the American River Bike
        trail. Probably starting in Historic Folsom, riding until we get
        pooped, and taking the bike friendly Transit back to Folsom.

        Monday is up in the Coloma area, then heading back home.

        See ya all there,
        Touchstone

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups. com, Talmadge Bailey <ca_bicycler@ ...> wrote:

        > I am not aware of having met you. I was addressing the Central
        Coast Geocachers group - not you as an individual.

        > I've had very little contact with other geocachers. I crossed
        paths with fox51 and jmunch one day. RoanQ on another. There was one
        day when I joined a "death march" through The Forest of Nisene Marks.
        If you weren't part of that then I haven't met you - at least not in
        a geo-caching context.

        > But I believe a little cooperative geocaching would be fun. I am
        running out of geocaches within bicycle range. I could drive - but
        that seems wasteful to transport just one person seeking smiley
        faces. It think it would be great to meet some other strong hikers
        who wanted to go on joint ventures. Might be more successful on some
        of those cursed micros like the one at the top of the hill in
        Gardland Ranch too. One set of eyes is just not sufficient for some
        of those.

        > So once again - anyone interested in joint ventures at
        geowoodstock - let's exchange contact info before hitting the road.

        > So far I know only that I should be able to locate wavesprite at
        a particular booth on Saturday afternoon.

        > Sandy Country <sandpointidgirl@ ...> wrote:
        >
        > Ca bicycler,
        >
        > Have I ever met you before? If so, where?
        >
        > eileen
        >
        > Sandpointidgirl

      • Talmadge Bailey
        Message 3 of 8 , May 27, 2008
          Hey Mike,
          Never saw you or Ian at the event. Also didn't see the Wherigo Demo table. Saw a thing in the vendor area which appeared to be pushing Magellan GPS.

          Anyway, hope you and Ian had a fun weekend.

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Talmadge Bailey wrote:

          > I am not aware of having met you. I was addressing the Central
          Coast Geocachers group - not you as an individual.

          > I've had very little contact with other geocachers. I crossed
          paths with fox51 and jmunch one day. RoanQ on another. There was one
          day when I joined a "death march" through The Forest of Nisene Marks.
          If you weren't part of that then I haven't met you - at least not in
          a geo-caching context.

          > But I believe a little cooperative geocaching would be fun. I am
          running out of geocaches within bicycle range. I could drive - but
          that seems wasteful to transport just one person seeking smiley
          faces. It think it would be great to meet some other strong hikers
          who wanted to go on joint ventures. Might be more successful on some
          of those cursed micros like the one at the top of the hill in
          Gardland Ranch too. One set of eyes is just not sufficient for some
          of those.

          > So once again - anyone interested in joint ventures at
          geowoodstock - let's exchange contact info before hitting the road.

          > So far I know only that I should be able to locate wavesprite at
          a particular booth on Saturday afternoon.

          > Sandy Country wrote:
          >
          > Ca bicycler,
          >
          > Have I ever met you before? If so, where?
          >
          > eileen
          >
          > Sandpointidgirl

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:ccgca-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:ccgca-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 20, 2010
            Anyone going to geowoodstock? If so let's figure out who! I plan to drive up starting 26JUN2010 - visiting GCGV0P along the way. Will be at geowoodstock with both my sisters - "rainbowgrrl" - and the ringleader of "Band of Bradys"

            I'm having special trinkets made for the occasion.

            rainbow_guyz
          • pottery_girl_106
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 25, 2010
              I've registered, and will be flying up. Maybe we can meet up there.

              TravelingMimi