Re: [CCGC] GEOWOODSTOCK

  • Sandy Country
    Message 1 of 8 , May 22 6:28 AM
      Ca bicycler,

      Have I ever met you before?  If so, where?

      eileen

      Sandpointidgirl

      Message 2 of 8 , May 22 8:38 PM
        I am not aware of having met you. I was addressing the Central Coast Geocachers group - not you as an individual.

        I've had very little contact with other geocachers. I crossed paths with fox51 and jmunch one day. RoanQ on another. There was one day when I joined a "death march" through The Forest of Nisene Marks. If you weren't part of that then I haven't met you - at least not in a geo-caching context.

        But I believe a little cooperative geocaching would be fun. I am running out of geocaches within bicycle range. I could drive - but that seems wasteful to transport just one person seeking smiley faces. It think it would be great to meet some other strong hikers who wanted to go on joint ventures. Might be more successful on some of those cursed micros like the one at the top of the hill in Gardland Ranch too. One set of eyes is just not sufficient for some of those.

        So once again - anyone interested in joint ventures at geowoodstock - let's exchange contact info before hitting the road.

        So far I know only that I should be able to locate wavesprite at a particular booth on Saturday afternoon.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 22 9:23 PM
          We'll be heading out late tommorrow, so it is unlikely we'll make the
          Meet and Greet Event.

          Saturday I'll be volunteering part of the time at the Wherigo Demo
          table, so feel free to stop by and say Hi.

          Sunday we were thinking of doing part of the American River Bike
          trail. Probably starting in Historic Folsom, riding until we get
          pooped, and taking the bike friendly Transit back to Folsom.

          Monday is up in the Coloma area, then heading back home.

          See ya all there,
          Touchstone

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Talmadge Bailey <ca_bicycler@...> wrote:

          > I am not aware of having met you. I was addressing the Central
          Coast Geocachers group - not you as an individual.

          > I've had very little contact with other geocachers. I crossed
          paths with fox51 and jmunch one day. RoanQ on another. There was one
          day when I joined a "death march" through The Forest of Nisene Marks.
          If you weren't part of that then I haven't met you - at least not in
          a geo-caching context.

          > But I believe a little cooperative geocaching would be fun. I am
          running out of geocaches within bicycle range. I could drive - but
          that seems wasteful to transport just one person seeking smiley
          faces. It think it would be great to meet some other strong hikers
          who wanted to go on joint ventures. Might be more successful on some
          of those cursed micros like the one at the top of the hill in
          Gardland Ranch too. One set of eyes is just not sufficient for some
          of those.

          > So once again - anyone interested in joint ventures at
          geowoodstock - let's exchange contact info before hitting the road.

          > So far I know only that I should be able to locate wavesprite at
          a particular booth on Saturday afternoon.

          > Sandy Country <sandpointidgirl@...> wrote:
          >
          > Ca bicycler,
          >
          > Have I ever met you before? If so, where?
          >
          > eileen
          >
          > Sandpointidgirl

        • Antony Wilson
          Message 4 of 8 , May 22 10:10 PM
            We did that a few years back.  Rode about 20 miles up the trail, stopped for a pizza and beer and then took light rail back to the truck.  Good fun!

            Ant

            Message 5 of 8 , May 27 8:18 PM
              Hey Mike,
              Never saw you or Ian at the event. Also didn't see the Wherigo Demo table. Saw a thing in the vendor area which appeared to be pushing Magellan GPS.

              Anyway, hope you and Ian had a fun weekend.

              --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Talmadge Bailey wrote:

              > I am not aware of having met you. I was addressing the Central
              Coast Geocachers group - not you as an individual.

              > I've had very little contact with other geocachers. I crossed
              paths with fox51 and jmunch one day. RoanQ on another. There was one
              day when I joined a "death march" through The Forest of Nisene Marks.
              If you weren't part of that then I haven't met you - at least not in
              a geo-caching context.

              > But I believe a little cooperative geocaching would be fun. I am
              running out of geocaches within bicycle range. I could drive - but
              that seems wasteful to transport just one person seeking smiley
              faces. It think it would be great to meet some other strong hikers
              who wanted to go on joint ventures. Might be more successful on some
              of those cursed micros like the one at the top of the hill in
              Gardland Ranch too. One set of eyes is just not sufficient for some
              of those.

              > So once again - anyone interested in joint ventures at
              geowoodstock - let's exchange contact info before hitting the road.

              > So far I know only that I should be able to locate wavesprite at
              a particular booth on Saturday afternoon.

              > Sandy Country wrote:
              >
              > Ca bicycler,
              >
              > Have I ever met you before? If so, where?
              >
              > eileen
              >
              > Sandpointidgirl

              <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:ccgca-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:ccgca-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 20, 2010
                Anyone going to geowoodstock? If so let's figure out who! I plan to drive up starting 26JUN2010 - visiting GCGV0P along the way. Will be at geowoodstock with both my sisters - "rainbowgrrl" - and the ringleader of "Band of Bradys"

                I'm having special trinkets made for the occasion.

                rainbow_guyz
              • pottery_girl_106
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 25, 2010
                  I've registered, and will be flying up. Maybe we can meet up there.

                  TravelingMimi