GEOWOODSTOCK

    Message 1 of 8 , May 21, 2008
      I plan to depart Friday afternoon for a full weekend in the
      Wheatland/Rocklin/Sacramento area. Anyone wanting to join up for
      adventures should swap contact info before departure!
    • Sandy Country
      Message 2 of 8 , May 22, 2008
        Ca bicycler,

        Have I ever met you before?  If so, where?

        eileen

        Sandpointidgirl

        Message 3 of 8 , May 22, 2008
          I am not aware of having met you. I was addressing the Central Coast Geocachers group - not you as an individual.

          I've had very little contact with other geocachers. I crossed paths with fox51 and jmunch one day. RoanQ on another. There was one day when I joined a "death march" through The Forest of Nisene Marks. If you weren't part of that then I haven't met you - at least not in a geo-caching context.

          But I believe a little cooperative geocaching would be fun. I am running out of geocaches within bicycle range. I could drive - but that seems wasteful to transport just one person seeking smiley faces. It think it would be great to meet some other strong hikers who wanted to go on joint ventures. Might be more successful on some of those cursed micros like the one at the top of the hill in Gardland Ranch too. One set of eyes is just not sufficient for some of those.

          So once again - anyone interested in joint ventures at geowoodstock - let's exchange contact info before hitting the road.

          So far I know only that I should be able to locate wavesprite at a particular booth on Saturday afternoon.

          Message 4 of 8 , May 22, 2008
            We'll be heading out late tommorrow, so it is unlikely we'll make the
            Meet and Greet Event.

            Saturday I'll be volunteering part of the time at the Wherigo Demo
            table, so feel free to stop by and say Hi.

            Sunday we were thinking of doing part of the American River Bike
            trail. Probably starting in Historic Folsom, riding until we get
            pooped, and taking the bike friendly Transit back to Folsom.

            Monday is up in the Coloma area, then heading back home.

            See ya all there,
            Touchstone

            --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Talmadge Bailey <ca_bicycler@...> wrote:

            > I am not aware of having met you. I was addressing the Central
            Coast Geocachers group - not you as an individual.

            > I've had very little contact with other geocachers. I crossed
            paths with fox51 and jmunch one day. RoanQ on another. There was one
            day when I joined a "death march" through The Forest of Nisene Marks.
            If you weren't part of that then I haven't met you - at least not in
            a geo-caching context.

            > But I believe a little cooperative geocaching would be fun. I am
            running out of geocaches within bicycle range. I could drive - but
            that seems wasteful to transport just one person seeking smiley
            faces. It think it would be great to meet some other strong hikers
            who wanted to go on joint ventures. Might be more successful on some
            of those cursed micros like the one at the top of the hill in
            Gardland Ranch too. One set of eyes is just not sufficient for some
            of those.

            > So once again - anyone interested in joint ventures at
            geowoodstock - let's exchange contact info before hitting the road.

            > So far I know only that I should be able to locate wavesprite at
            a particular booth on Saturday afternoon.

            > Sandy Country <sandpointidgirl@...> wrote:
            >
            > Ca bicycler,
            >
            > Have I ever met you before? If so, where?
            >
            > eileen
            >
            > Sandpointidgirl

          • Antony Wilson
            Message 5 of 8 , May 22, 2008
              We did that a few years back.  Rode about 20 miles up the trail, stopped for a pizza and beer and then took light rail back to the truck.  Good fun!

              Ant

              We'll be heading out late tommorrow, so it is unlikely we'll make the
              Meet and Greet Event.

              Saturday I'll be volunteering part of the time at the Wherigo Demo
              table, so feel free to stop by and say Hi.

              Sunday we were thinking of doing part of the American River Bike
              trail. Probably starting in Historic Folsom, riding until we get
              pooped, and taking the bike friendly Transit back to Folsom.

              Monday is up in the Coloma area, then heading back home.

              See ya all there,
              Touchstone

              --- In ccgca@yahoogroups. com, Talmadge Bailey <ca_bicycler@ ...> wrote:

              > I am not aware of having met you. I was addressing the Central
              Coast Geocachers group - not you as an individual.

              > I've had very little contact with other geocachers. I crossed
              paths with fox51 and jmunch one day. RoanQ on another. There was one
              day when I joined a "death march" through The Forest of Nisene Marks.
              If you weren't part of that then I haven't met you - at least not in
              a geo-caching context.

              > But I believe a little cooperative geocaching would be fun. I am
              running out of geocaches within bicycle range. I could drive - but
              that seems wasteful to transport just one person seeking smiley
              faces. It think it would be great to meet some other strong hikers
              who wanted to go on joint ventures. Might be more successful on some
              of those cursed micros like the one at the top of the hill in
              Gardland Ranch too. One set of eyes is just not sufficient for some
              of those.

              > So once again - anyone interested in joint ventures at
              geowoodstock - let's exchange contact info before hitting the road.

              > So far I know only that I should be able to locate wavesprite at
              a particular booth on Saturday afternoon.

              > Sandy Country <sandpointidgirl@ ...> wrote:
              >
              > Ca bicycler,
              >
              > Have I ever met you before? If so, where?
              >
              > eileen
              >
              > Sandpointidgirl

            • Talmadge Bailey
              Message 6 of 8 , May 27, 2008
                Hey Mike,
                Never saw you or Ian at the event. Also didn't see the Wherigo Demo table. Saw a thing in the vendor area which appeared to be pushing Magellan GPS.

                Anyway, hope you and Ian had a fun weekend.

                --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, Talmadge Bailey wrote:

                > I am not aware of having met you. I was addressing the Central
                Coast Geocachers group - not you as an individual.

                > I've had very little contact with other geocachers. I crossed
                paths with fox51 and jmunch one day. RoanQ on another. There was one
                day when I joined a "death march" through The Forest of Nisene Marks.
                If you weren't part of that then I haven't met you - at least not in
                a geo-caching context.

                > But I believe a little cooperative geocaching would be fun. I am
                running out of geocaches within bicycle range. I could drive - but
                that seems wasteful to transport just one person seeking smiley
                faces. It think it would be great to meet some other strong hikers
                who wanted to go on joint ventures. Might be more successful on some
                of those cursed micros like the one at the top of the hill in
                Gardland Ranch too. One set of eyes is just not sufficient for some
                of those.

                > So once again - anyone interested in joint ventures at
                geowoodstock - let's exchange contact info before hitting the road.

                > So far I know only that I should be able to locate wavesprite at
                a particular booth on Saturday afternoon.

                > Sandy Country wrote:
                >
                > Ca bicycler,
                >
                > Have I ever met you before? If so, where?
                >
                > eileen
                >
                > Sandpointidgirl

                <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:ccgca-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:ccgca-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 20, 2010
                  Anyone going to geowoodstock? If so let's figure out who! I plan to drive up starting 26JUN2010 - visiting GCGV0P along the way. Will be at geowoodstock with both my sisters - "rainbowgrrl" - and the ringleader of "Band of Bradys"

                  I'm having special trinkets made for the occasion.

                  rainbow_guyz
                • pottery_girl_106
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 25 4:24 PM
                    I've registered, and will be flying up. Maybe we can meet up there.

                    TravelingMimi