Re: [CCGC] California Challenge

  • Jenn Oates
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2008
      It does sound great, but there're a whole lot o' folk up in Northern California who won't want to do anything until AFTER GeoWoodstock in May.  :)

      On Feb 26, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Kim Fraga wrote:

      Hi there,

      I'm Wolf Grrl from Central Valley Geocachers.  I have an idea that would involve all California Cachers.  Thanks for letting me be a part of your forum.  Here's my idea, let me know what you think:

      Texas Caching Regions put on a Texas Challenge every year.  I hear so many great stories about them.  There hasn't been one person that hasn't had a good time.  Each year a different region hosts/plans/ organizes.  It's pretty cool.  They will have coins and tshirts made up to sell.  They have hunting teams where each region has a team of cachers that will go find the caches at the event.  The organizers of the region can not tell their home team where those caches are.  There are trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.  It's a big competition between the regions.  There is a silent auction.  There is Camp Little Cachers (I just made the name up) where people volunteer for the day (shifts of course) to have activities and crafts to keep all the little cachers busy so moms and dads don't have to worry about them.  There is so much more.
      Why not have California do a California Challenge?  We would have to decide how to divide the state up and form a committee which I would be more than happy to be a part of.  I think it would be a blast and definitely a worthwhile event.  Is any one gamed?  How can we spread the idea and get how our fellow Californian Cachers feel about the idea?  I do not know how to insert hyperlinks into these forums so I just copied and pasted the event page and the forum from Houston.
      Share your thoughts, suggestions, opinions so we can get the ball rolling for one next year!

      Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.