Re: Anyone else geocaching with young'uns?

  • christine_and_emma
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008
      Thanks Mike, we'll look forward to the event at Pinnacles. Lived
      here all my life and I've never made it over there!
      I am a premium member of geocaching.com, so I do get a chance to chat
      with others a lot, but it's hard to find folks in our area. Thanks
      for the link to the Bay Area group!

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "touchstone12002" <touchstone12002@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi christine_and_emma,
      >
      > Although I love this board, it's not particularly busy as far as
      chat
      > goes. I'd hate to have you feel unloved ;) If you'd like to find
      some
      > caching partners, I have a couple of suggestions:
      >
      > 1. The Geocachers of the Bay Area (www.thegba.net), is probably the
      > largest and busiest Forum for our area. There are tons of parents
      with
      > little ones just like you. They are usually organizing stuff
      nearly
      > every week, albeit, mostly in the San Jose and Bay Area. I'm sure
      > you'd get a warm welcome by the crowd up there, and probably some
      > offers to get together.
      >
      > 2. Attending an Event is another good way to meet people. It
      just so
      > happens that there is a CITO Event over at Pinnacles National
      Monument
      > coming up in March, hosted by...ahem...Me! All kidding aside, it
      > appears that it will be a fairly well attended Event if you're in
      > such things. The work part of the Event is very kid friendly
      > (basically pulling weeds and playing in dirt). If you're not into
      the
      > camping aspects of the Event, you can certainly come over for the
      day.
      > Check the Calender of Events on Geocaching.com and I'm sure you can
      > find other Events within an hour or so drive at least once a month.
      >
      > Best of luck,
      > Mike and Ian(8)
      > aka Touchstone and Swift Eagle
      >

      > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "christine_and_emma" <artquest@>
      wrote:

      > > Are there any other moms in the Monterey area with little ones who
      > > would like to go geocaching together once in a while? My
      daughter is
      > > 3 years old, and I love taking her treasure hunting with me, but I
      > > think she'd have even MORE fun if it were a treasure hunt with a
      > > friend, too!
      > >
      > > Look forward to hearing from you!

    • monty wolf
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008
        i went caching with 3 - 20-somethings last sunday.

        those are young'uns to me.

        ;-)

        --
        monty wolf