Re: Anyone else geocaching with young'uns?

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2008
      Hi christine_and_emma,

      Although I love this board, it's not particularly busy as far as chat
      goes. I'd hate to have you feel unloved ;) If you'd like to find some
      caching partners, I have a couple of suggestions:

      1. The Geocachers of the Bay Area (www.thegba.net), is probably the
      largest and busiest Forum for our area. There are tons of parents with
      little ones just like you. They are usually organizing stuff nearly
      every week, albeit, mostly in the San Jose and Bay Area. I'm sure
      you'd get a warm welcome by the crowd up there, and probably some
      offers to get together.

      2. Attending an Event is another good way to meet people. It just so
      happens that there is a CITO Event over at Pinnacles National Monument
      coming up in March, hosted by...ahem...Me! All kidding aside, it
      appears that it will be a fairly well attended Event if you're in to
      such things. The work part of the Event is very kid friendly
      (basically pulling weeds and playing in dirt). If you're not into the
      camping aspects of the Event, you can certainly come over for the day.
      Check the Calender of Events on Geocaching.com and I'm sure you can
      find other Events within an hour or so drive at least once a month.

      Best of luck,
      Mike and Ian(8)
      aka Touchstone and Swift Eagle

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "christine_and_emma" <artquest@...> wrote:

      > Are there any other moms in the Monterey area with little ones who
      > would like to go geocaching together once in a while? My daughter is
      > 3 years old, and I love taking her treasure hunting with me, but I
      > think she'd have even MORE fun if it were a treasure hunt with a
      > friend, too!
      >
      > Look forward to hearing from you!

    • christine_and_emma
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008
        Thanks Mike, we'll look forward to the event at Pinnacles. Lived
        here all my life and I've never made it over there!
        I am a premium member of geocaching.com, so I do get a chance to chat
        with others a lot, but it's hard to find folks in our area. Thanks
        for the link to the Bay Area group!

        --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "touchstone12002" <touchstone12002@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi christine_and_emma,
        >
        > Although I love this board, it's not particularly busy as far as
        chat
        > goes. I'd hate to have you feel unloved ;) If you'd like to find
        some
        > caching partners, I have a couple of suggestions:
        >
        > 1. The Geocachers of the Bay Area (www.thegba.net), is probably the
        > largest and busiest Forum for our area. There are tons of parents
        with
        > little ones just like you. They are usually organizing stuff
        nearly
        > every week, albeit, mostly in the San Jose and Bay Area. I'm sure
        > you'd get a warm welcome by the crowd up there, and probably some
        > offers to get together.
        >
        > 2. Attending an Event is another good way to meet people. It
        just so
        > happens that there is a CITO Event over at Pinnacles National
        Monument
        > coming up in March, hosted by...ahem...Me! All kidding aside, it
        > appears that it will be a fairly well attended Event if you're in
        > such things. The work part of the Event is very kid friendly
        > (basically pulling weeds and playing in dirt). If you're not into
        the
        > camping aspects of the Event, you can certainly come over for the
        day.
        > Check the Calender of Events on Geocaching.com and I'm sure you can
        > find other Events within an hour or so drive at least once a month.
        >
        > Best of luck,
        > Mike and Ian(8)
        > aka Touchstone and Swift Eagle
        >

        > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "christine_and_emma" <artquest@>
        wrote:

        > > Are there any other moms in the Monterey area with little ones who
        > > would like to go geocaching together once in a while? My
        daughter is
        > > 3 years old, and I love taking her treasure hunting with me, but I
        > > think she'd have even MORE fun if it were a treasure hunt with a
        > > friend, too!
        > >
        > > Look forward to hearing from you!

      • monty wolf
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008
          i went caching with 3 - 20-somethings last sunday.

          those are young'uns to me.

          ;-)

          --
          monty wolf