Anyone else geocaching with young'uns?

  • christine_and_emma
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 14, 2008
      Are there any other moms in the Monterey area with little ones who
      would like to go geocaching together once in a while? My daughter is
      3 years old, and I love taking her treasure hunting with me, but I
      think she'd have even MORE fun if it were a treasure hunt with a
      friend, too!

      Look forward to hearing from you!
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 14, 2008
        Hi christine_and_emma,

        Although I love this board, it's not particularly busy as far as chat
        goes. I'd hate to have you feel unloved ;) If you'd like to find some
        caching partners, I have a couple of suggestions:

        1. The Geocachers of the Bay Area (www.thegba.net), is probably the
        largest and busiest Forum for our area. There are tons of parents with
        little ones just like you. They are usually organizing stuff nearly
        every week, albeit, mostly in the San Jose and Bay Area. I'm sure
        you'd get a warm welcome by the crowd up there, and probably some
        offers to get together.

        2. Attending an Event is another good way to meet people. It just so
        happens that there is a CITO Event over at Pinnacles National Monument
        coming up in March, hosted by...ahem...Me! All kidding aside, it
        appears that it will be a fairly well attended Event if you're in to
        such things. The work part of the Event is very kid friendly
        (basically pulling weeds and playing in dirt). If you're not into the
        camping aspects of the Event, you can certainly come over for the day.
        Check the Calender of Events on Geocaching.com and I'm sure you can
        find other Events within an hour or so drive at least once a month.

        Best of luck,
        Mike and Ian(8)
        aka Touchstone and Swift Eagle

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008
          Thanks Mike, we'll look forward to the event at Pinnacles. Lived
          here all my life and I've never made it over there!
          I am a premium member of geocaching.com, so I do get a chance to chat
          with others a lot, but it's hard to find folks in our area. Thanks
          for the link to the Bay Area group!

          --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "touchstone12002" <touchstone12002@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi christine_and_emma,
          >
          > Although I love this board, it's not particularly busy as far as
          chat
          > goes. I'd hate to have you feel unloved ;) If you'd like to find
          some
          > caching partners, I have a couple of suggestions:
          >
          > 1. The Geocachers of the Bay Area (www.thegba.net), is probably the
          > largest and busiest Forum for our area. There are tons of parents
          with
          > little ones just like you. They are usually organizing stuff
          nearly
          > every week, albeit, mostly in the San Jose and Bay Area. I'm sure
          > you'd get a warm welcome by the crowd up there, and probably some
          > offers to get together.
          >
          > 2. Attending an Event is another good way to meet people. It
          just so
          > happens that there is a CITO Event over at Pinnacles National
          Monument
          > coming up in March, hosted by...ahem...Me! All kidding aside, it
          > appears that it will be a fairly well attended Event if you're in
          > such things. The work part of the Event is very kid friendly
          > (basically pulling weeds and playing in dirt). If you're not into
          the
          > camping aspects of the Event, you can certainly come over for the
          day.
          > Check the Calender of Events on Geocaching.com and I'm sure you can
          > find other Events within an hour or so drive at least once a month.
          >
          > Best of luck,
          > Mike and Ian(8)
          > aka Touchstone and Swift Eagle
          >

          > --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "christine_and_emma" <artquest@>
          wrote:

          > > Are there any other moms in the Monterey area with little ones who
          > > would like to go geocaching together once in a while? My
          daughter is
          > > 3 years old, and I love taking her treasure hunting with me, but I
          > > think she'd have even MORE fun if it were a treasure hunt with a
          > > friend, too!
          > >
          > > Look forward to hearing from you!

        • monty wolf
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 15, 2008
            i went caching with 3 - 20-somethings last sunday.

            those are young'uns to me.

            ;-)

            --
            monty wolf