Re: new cache

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2007
      To the best of my knowledge, there are no restrictions on the newly
      created Fort Ord Dunes State Park. I pulled a couple of my caches
      after formation of the new Park, just becuase of concerns about
      native plant communities in the area, and I didn't want to appear to
      encourage people to go out in sensitive areas.

      The Rangers are out there on a daily basis, as far as I can tell,
      but they don't seem to care about the people using the frontage road
      that parrallels Hwy 1. I would suggest staying away from the bunker
      area (where Illuminati Earth was). One group of cachers was
      confronted by a Ranger just prior to my Archiving it, and it appears
      that they don't want people messing around in there.

      - Touchstone

      --- In ccgca@yahoogroups.com, "leslierussellgreen" <swartz@...>
      wrote:

      > I don't think there are any caches along the bike trail between
      Marina and outskirts of
      > Castroville, and not very many between Monterey and Marina. You
      would be encouraging
      > bike use there...
      >
      > Touchstone, what are the requirements for access to the seashore
      portion of Ft. Ord, ie
      > where Illuminate Earth was, and the final of GC16XPH ?

    • leslierussellgreen
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2007
        Touchstone, good point about the impact on native vegetation, some of the most endangered
        ecotype in the state - and on the other hand, if you know it's OK to tromple the iceplant, no
        one can find a cache hidden in iceplant !

        But I figure there must be lots of good hiding places that are just along the trail - huh, maybe
        I should go look for a spot for myself.